Base Location: Edinburgh, Glasgow, Perth, Reading or Southampton
Salary: £45,200 - £67,800 + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available
What is the Role?
Within IT, we are building out our Digital Strategy, Transformation and Commercial (DSTC) team, which is responsible for defining and executing IT's strategic direction, enabling the digital transformation of the SSE group and optimising the commercial performance of the IT business as a whole. Reporting to the Head of Value Realisation Office, this role will be accountable for overseeing and providing direction to value reporting across the IT portfolio, interacting with key business stakeholders to deliver high-quality performance and value articulation. Additionally you will support the development of the IT and Digital strategies for the Group.
You'll take key responsibility for:
- Defining and structuring value reporting plans and structure for the IT portfolio, based in effective value articulation.
- Providing direction to value reporting activities ensuring effective and analytical insight and performance management of the IT portfolio for various audiences, including the IT Senior Managers and Business Unit leads.
- Providing advice and guidance on value reporting processes, procedures, tools and standards to the IT community.
- Day-to-date management of the Value Reporting team.
- Building, facilitating and maintaining strong internal and external relationships via engagement in various forums.
What do I need?
This is an exciting new role within our business where you'll need to demonstrate strong commercial and business acumen, coupled with a background managing large business functions through value-led change programmes.
We'd also like you to have:
- A solid understanding of value definition, analysis and delivery.
- Familiarity with structured project management methodologies and a good understanding of the end-to-end project delivery lifecycle.
- Demonstrable understanding of SSE's businesses, the energy industry and IT.
- The ability to identify and implement innovative and effective business improvements.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills demonstrated by the ability to influence, motivate and encourage others, across all levels and create a high-performance environment.
About our Business
SSE IT underpins the technology needs of all the different businesses that make up the SSE group. From emerging technologies to data and analytics to cyber security - we power SSE's growth and enable it to generate value, while keeping it secure. As a trusted business partner that helps SSE lead in a low carbon world, we are proud of our service. Working for SSE IT is all about equipping SSE for now and the future.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01738 341390.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional analytics cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?