About the Role
Base Location: Highlands
Salary: £25,703 - £29,879 depending upon skills and experience + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
We have fantastic opportunities for Utility Arborist / Tree Cutters to join our in-house vegetation management team.
The duties and responsibilities of the Utility Arborist / Tree Cutter are:
- You will be involved in all aspects of vegetation management around our overhead and underground networks as well as substations and other Transmission assets to ensure utility arboriculture work is completed within a geographical area.
- Work within a highly skilled team responsible for managing trees & vegetation near the transmission network as part of our vegetation management maintenance and resilience programmes.
- You will understand the relevant industry legislation and safety guidelines associated with carrying out arboricultural work within the proximity off power lines.
- Along with your fellow team members you will carry out requested works safely, efficiently and effectively to meet delivery targets.
- Involved with both internal and external tree cutting teams to ensure work is completed to a high standard.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Experience in tree cutting, forestry or arboriculture and relevant NPTC certificate units for the use of chainsaws, and a qualification or certificates including NPTC UA would be a bonus, however not essential.
- Experience of working with power lines, and tree climbing would be highly advantageous.
- Enthusiasm and drive with a flexible approach to work and an ability to adapt to changing business and project priorities.
- High regard for safety, embedding yourself in our safety culture and adhering to guidelines in everything you do is a key priority.
- Good communication, customer relationship skills and a commitment to providing a high-level service at all times.
**Please note - It is an essential requirement for this role that you have a full, current driving licence due to the rural nature of the role and you will have to work away from home occasionally, so this is key***
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org / 01738 344049.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.