Base Location: Stansted Airport (working for Portsmouth SSEC)
Salary: £Competitive + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available
About our Business
SSE Contracting is one of the UK's largest Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) contractors. Our portfolio of services ranges from M&E building services, Instrumentation, Rail, Street Lighting, Facilities management to HV & LV & Combined Heat and Power solutions.
This is an exciting time to be considering a career with us.
We have recently entered into an acquisition agreement with Aurelius Group. As of 1 July 2021, we will step away from SSE Group.
This partnership heralds an exciting opportunity for further growth for our business. With a strong pipeline of infrastructure projects across the UK, our people are key to our continued success.
What is the Role?
We are looking for an M&E maintenance technician to be located at Stansted Air Traffic Control Tower (SATCT). The role includes planned and preventative maintenance, and reactive works to the M&E infrastructure at SATCT. You will plan and manage your own time and tasks, as well as managing our specialist supply chain for sub contracted works. The role is customer facing and you will be working collaboratively with the local client representative to maintain services, compliance and operation.
Duties will include:
1. Our Technicians provide technical guidance and advice in all aspects of our work including Inspection, Maintenance, and Capex activities.
2. You'll be responsible for planning and organising the workload of yourself and specialist subcontractors to ensure our planned and preventative maintenance (PPM) programme is delivered at the air traffic control tower.
3. You'll ensure the prompt rectification of defects with specific technical input given to determine and repair issues to the asset.
4. You'll be responsible for managing all matters safety regarding PPM's, reactive works, and including the management of specialist subcontracts in-line with SSEC safety expectations.
5. You'll have strong communication, analytical and IT skills. Key to this role will be the ability to prioritise, problem solve and manage programmes.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
1. You will have completed your Electrical Apprenticeship and will have achieved an NVQ Level 3 (or approved equivalent) in installation and/or servicing/maintenance work or will have obtained a pass in the City and Guilds 2360 Parts 1 and 2 or 2351 or 2330 levels 2 and 3 (or approved equivalent).
2. In addition we require Achievement Measurement 2 or equivalent and you will have a thorough working knowledge of Industry Codes of Practice.
3. You will have the ability to carry out Electrical Installation Condition Reporting to BS7671.
4. You will be expected to manage your time effectively and liaise directly with the client and specialist supply chain to co-ordinate all works.
5. it would be advantageous for you to have IOSH/SMSTS or similar health & safety management qualification.
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our wide range of benefits.
We're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining us.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Laura.Dobson@sse.com / 0141 224 7587.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional analytics cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?