About the Role
Base Location: Havant
Salary: £40,659 - £49,626 and a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Flexible First options available
What is the Role?
We are embedding agility in our ways of working, building capability for a digital SSE of the future, meeting the needs of our customers in a new way.
The role of a Technical Specialist is to provide operational support for a set of key services for the Energy Portfolio Management (EPM) business unit.
Combining aspects of technical support and IT operations, you will ensure the ongoing maintenance, vulnerability management and developed service improvements to our core applications and products. With a level of guidance and support, you will apply your knowledge to the diagnosis and resolution of incidents, problems and in the development of technical solutions to satisfy business requirements.
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team and collaborating with product leadership roles to deliver successful business outcomes.
Key responsibilities for the role will include:
- Diagnosing and resolving incidents, problems and in particular key security vulnerabilities using off the shelf tools with minimal support.
- Ensuring systems meet business and customer needs for reliability and availability.
- Partnering with cross-functional stakeholders, including Development, Operations, Quality Assurance and Security to tackle and eliminate vulnerabilities as well as analysing and troubleshooting complex production issues.
- Working to defined standards, providing support, estimation, design and development input into new developments to our core applications.
What Do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Experience from a similar support or development role in supporting business critical systems in a medium/large organisation.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to investigate and analyse technical information, and to draw conclusions.
- Flexibility, adaptability and desire to learn new IT languages and technologies.
- Strong collaboration skills, with a demonstrated ability to work well as part of a team.
About our Business
SSE IT underpins the technology needs of all the different businesses that make up the SSE group. From emerging technologies to data and analytics to cyber security - we power SSE's growth and enable it to generate value, while keeping it secure. As a trusted business partner that helps SSE lead in a low carbon world, we are proud of our service. Working for SSE IT is all about equipping SSE for now and the future.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org / 01738 341814.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.