About the Role
Base Location: Aberdeen, Inverness, Perth or Glasgow
Salary: £44,100 - £66,100 + car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
The Marine Survey & Geospatial Engineer sits within the SSEN Transmission (SSENT) Offshore Delivery Team and is required to support the delivery of current and future subsea cable installation projects that within SSENT development pipeline.
The Marine Survey & Geospatial Engineer is expected to:
- Lead Marine Survey & Geospatial activities in support of Subsea Cable Installation, subsea Marine Survey & Geospatial interfaces and sail as the Employers (Client) Representative where required during survey and installation campaigns in support of subsea cable installation projects.
- Lead the development and review of Marine Survey & Geospatial project documentation associated with Subsea Cable Installation.
- Provide support to the Survey Manager in the development and review of Marine Survey & Geospatial project documentation associated with Subsea Cable Installation.
- Apply and adhere to the Safety Management Systems, best practices and the SSE Large Capital Projects Governance processes for all projects whilst ensuring their actions and behaviours are in accordance with the SSE Safety Culture and core leadership values.
What do I need?
For the position of Marine Survey & Geospatial Engineer, we are looking for someone with clear and demonstrable experience and understanding of Marine Survey & Geospatial requirements associated with Subsea Installation.
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Extensive previous Marine Survey & Geospatial experience relative to subsea installation activities including having sailed as a Hydrographic Surveyor or Party Chief. Note: Similar experience in subsea pipeline and or umbilical installation will be considered, as will Hydrographic Survey experience in either the Royal Navy or Royal Engineers.
- Professional registration at Chartered Level or similar demonstrable experience, along with detailed and extensive Marine Survey & Geospatial knowledge relative to subsea cable installation.
- Experience of being personally responsible as a Project Surveyor or similar supporting the delivery of subsea installation works along with excellent communication skills both written and verbal with the ability to produce a high standard of documentation and reporting.
- The ability to manage any relative assigned packages of work in relation to Marine Survey & Geospatial activities in support of Subsea Cable Installation whilst considering any impacts to financial forecast and other programmed activities.
- An understanding of the Transmission Business and regulated environment that we operate in and will have a background in either the Offshore Transmission industry, offshore or subsea construction and installation, or the Offshore Wind sector on major projects.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Debbie at Debbie.McMillan@sse.com or 01738 342939.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.