SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Thatcham
Salary: £42,691 to £49,626 + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
What is the Role?
- In this role you will be responsible for training and assessing adult trainees and Apprentices in the maintenance of electrical and mechanical equipment on the electricity network up to 33,000 Volts.
- You will be part of a team that is involved in the delivery of training and assessment for all operational staff employed by the company both directly and indirectly. Training and assessing to the companies' high standards.
- You will be an ambassador for Scottish and Southern Electricity Networks when interacting with external and internal customers to deliver world class customer service and protect the SSE brand.
- Safety is a key priority at SSE and throughout everything you do you will adhere to safety policies and procedures.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Experience as Mechanical / Electrical Fitter with good knowledge of the Electrical Distribution Network being an advantage.
- Currently or have recently been, authorised to carry out both low voltage and high voltage switching operations and preferably a Senior Authorised Person or working towards. A high regard for safety with strong customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills are essential to this role as we deal with customer related issues face to face on a daily basis, and good service allows us to achieve our broader measure requirements and targets.
- A clean driving licence and flexible approach to working hours and work location is a must.
- Qualifications in Teaching and Assessing at level 3 would be beneficial however this training can be provided.
About our Business
SSE Human Resources is made up of several operational and specialist teams who strive to help the business to design, develop and deliver their people strategies. We partner with the business to provide expert advice on all people matters, enabling them to get the best out of their teams and equip them to meet the changing demands of our business now, and in the future.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Kimberlee on 01738 341523.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.