Base Location: Reading
Salary: £Competitive based on experience plus bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time, 37 hours per week | Flexible working options available
What is the Role?
Taking up a newly created post as Strategic Initiatives Manager for Neos Networks you will be responsible for supporting the Head of Strategic Initiatives in identifying, evaluating, quantifying, developing and accelerating major initiatives which will have the potential to have a significant impact on our business over a strategic planning horizon of up to 5 years or more. These strategic initiatives will impact one or more of our three market facing divisions (Wholesale, Enterprise and Public Sector). The impact of these initiatives will be very significant as a part of our ambitious long term growth plans. Potential strategic initiatives include major new technology developments such as 5G, Private Networks and IoT, ecosystem developments such as Smart Cities, technology and industry evolutionary factors such as Industry 4.0 and 'cloudification' and general market trends such as consolidation (M&A).
Success in the role will be defined by the early identification of new Strategic Initiatives and a clear understanding and articulation of the potential impact for Neos Networks including the role that Neos Networks should play to maximise value for the business and its stakeholders.
- Identifying Potential Initiatives
- Validating and Qualifying Initiatives
- Securing Buy In and Commitment to Initiatives
- Progressing Initiatives through Governance
- Team Management and Performance
- Regular and Ad Hoc Reporting
- Ad Hoc Opportunity Evaluation
What do I need?
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Detailed working knowledge of the telecoms industry and recent and anticipated future strategy developments in the sector and adjacent sectors (especially the Technology sector)
- Business financial and business case development acumen
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organise and manage all phases of a project lifecycle to ensure successful delivery. Also includes ownership and responsibility to manage issues, risks, decisions and the overall success of a project.
- Strong familiarity with office software programs and web-based applications
- Excellent presentation, communication (oral & written), and relationship building skills, across all levels of management
- MBA degree completed (preferred)
Essential Functional / Technical Skills
- Consulting (either internal or for a consulting firm) experience
- Project Management / Engagement Management experience managing enterprise level projects
- Proven success in working with teams and executive leadership in a complex, medium and/or large-Company environment
- Team player willing to work in a complex multi-stakeholder, multi-skilled environment and be part of an extended virtual team or teams
- Execution and Results oriented - Uses internal and external resources, and talent to achieve success
- Applies broad, cross-functional knowledge and resources to produce results that best fit the company strategy
- Prioritizes and balances time, actions, resources, and initiatives to ensure accomplishment of critical results
Personal Attributes / Competencies
- Excellent people management skills
- Combines experience, insight, and data to determine how to best exceed requirements
- Proven experience working in a matrix environment, managing multiple stakeholders
- Develops and communicates logical, convincing justifications, including lessons learned, that build commitment and support for presented insights and initiatives
- Works effectively in a dynamic environment with changing priorities
- Ability to apply strategic thinking while demonstrating understanding of requirements to execute
- Ability to make decisions guided by policies, procedures and business plan with limited guidance
- Results-oriented, able to effectively prioritise work activities in real time, plans and stays organised in order to meet commitments
Key Financial Measures (e.g. specify size of capital/revenue budget, staff costs, sales budget etc)
- Strategic Initiatives managed by the post holder and their team will need to demonstrate a significant long term contribution to the business which will be reflected in a revenue contribution to final year revenues in our year 5 plan (updated annually) of at least 10% of total revenues
Key Projects / Activities Managed (Identify impact, effort, cost, time invested)
- Projects managed will be identified by the post holder in close collaboration with (and with the approval of) the Business Development Director and agreed with the Sector Directors and wider Leadership Team
About our Business
Neos Networks is proud to be one of the premier B2B connectivity partners in the UK. We achieve this through constantly investing in high capacity, highly resilient network connectivity in the spirit of collaboration, partnership and integrity which means we can achieve more, together.
We bring together the unparalleled expertise of dedicated teams with innovation and technical excellence to give enterprises, government organisations and our partners a better network experience that can power the UK's digital future. Our 20,000+ km private network spans the UK providing a range of high capacity Ethernet, optical and dark fibre solutions.
We're looking for ambitious experts to join our friendly team; to develop their career and contribute to our growth. A team that actively looks after the wellbeing of its colleagues, works hard and enjoys celebrating success.
Life at Neos Networks
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our Advantage scheme.
We're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining us.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Before commencing employment with us, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional analytics cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?