About the Role
Base Location: Oxford Depot
Salary: £28,831 - £35,194, depending on skills and experience + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time
We are looking for a Resource Controller to join our team. Mainly based out of Oxford, but able to work flexibly across ours stores in Swindon, Melksham and Andover as needed, you will provide excellent customer service through the management and control of materials and equipment stocks.
Other roles and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing all ordering and deliveries to the site, and manage stock levels by using the business processes and systems to good effect.
- Work with our logistics providers to resolve any stock and delivery related issues, including taking action to resolve any materials shortages.
- Organise and maintain the depot yard areas. This includes managing the recycling centre, ensuring safety standards are met, completing yard audits and reporting any risks and incidents such as oil spills.
- Act as a First Aider on site (you will be supported to gain/maintain a First Aid at Work qualification).
- Maintain registers of COSHH substances, and support with tools and equipment inspections and updating records where required.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Excellent communication skills and a passion for customer service.
- A diligent attitude towards safety and accuracy.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills and the ability to foster positive working relationships with colleagues at all levels.
- Part of your role will be maintaining system records and ensuring data is up to date, and therefore you should be comfortable using IT systems, with a good knowledge of Microsoft packages such as Word, Outlook and Excel.
- A Forklift Licence and relevant Street works qualifications would be of benefit, but are not essential and training will be provided.
A full UK driving licence is a requirement. Whilst there is no company vehicle provided with this role, transport will be made available for necessary travel between sites and to make any urgent deliveries.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
Operations are responsible for keeping the lights on; we are at the front line on the Network. If we find a fault, it is our responsibility to respond to the fault, and dispatch our skilled teams to fix it as quickly as possible. We work in all hours, and through all weathers, ensuring our customers are never without power.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Kim on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01738 344051.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.