Base Location: UK or ROI
Salary: £84,400 - £126,600 + car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available
What is the Role?
The Head of Energy Markets will responsible for sales and revenue optimisation activities for SSE Thermal.
Reporting to the Director of Commercial, you be accountable for the design, selection and execution of the full lifecycle for all revenue arrangements which drive income streams, to improve and maximise the commercial delivery of SSE Thermal's assets. This will include:
- Contract development and relationship management for existing and future assets in respect of service providers, customers (including network operators) and JV relationships in UK and Ireland.
- Working in conjunction with Energy Portfolio Management (EPM) Trading team to ensure delivery of SSE Thermal's P&L targets.
- Developing and recommending hedging strategies to ensure SSE Thermal identifies actions and opportunities to manage its exposures to prices and costs, when commercially advantageous.
- Using understanding of assets and markets to identify, design, optimise and deliver opportunities for maximising value from SSE Thermal's existing and new assets and output through existing and new route to market products and structures.
- The evaluation of commercially optimised 'route to market' structures for SSE Thermal's assets and output, striking the right balance between risk and reward to maximise value and align with the strategy.
- Guiding, managing and developing a small specialist team encouraging learning, growth and respect of colleagues and continuous improvement.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- A deep knowledge of energy markets including contractual and pricing/hedging structures of energy commodities.
- Experience in the development and management of commercial contracts with joint venture partners and the associated relationship management.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills with the ability to create and articulate complex proposals at a senior level.
- Experience of leading and coaching a diverse team within an inclusive and collaborative environment to achieve high performance outcomes.
- Well-honed verbal and written communication skills and a strength in developing and nourishing positive working relationships internally and externally.
About our Business
In SSE Thermal, we're responsible for SSE's flexible generation, energy-from-waste and energy storage activities, with over 600 direct employees across the UK and Ireland. We are currently constructing the 840MW Keadby 2 CCGT in North Lincolnshire, which is expected to become the cleanest and most efficient gas-fired power station in Europe when completed in 2022. As part of our commitment to achieving net zero carbon emissions, we have a core focus on decarbonising our fleet through carbon capture and storage (CCS) and hydrogen technology. We are actively developing projects in the Humber and Scotland, which could become the UK's first CCS-equipped power stations, while also exploring exciting opportunities in low-carbon hydrogen production, generation and storage.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Jim Walker - firstname.lastname@example.org or 01738 341514.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional analytics cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?