Base Location: Glasgow, Edinburgh or Perth but may involve travel to various SSE sites across UK.
Salary: £32,900 - £49,300 + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: 12 month Fixed Term Contract | Full Time | Flexible working options available
What is the Role?
An exciting opportunity to support a core SSE UK SOX implementation team to help rollout UK SOX across SSE to align with any regulatory timelines and requirements. You will work within the core team to help support a variety of stakeholders across SSE to help identify and document key controls and supporting processes over financial reporting and to agree timely implementation of corrective actions with process and control owners across the business for any deficiencies. A great time to join the team to help rollout these new requirements across the business and a great opportunity to work with several different teams and business areas across SSE.
1. To help identify and document the UK SOX controls and supporting processes to align with emerging UK SOX requirements.
2. To have good communication and team working skills, to help support several key stakeholders at all levels across the business to help them to meet their UK SOX requirements.
3. To help identify processes and controls and map them to individual financial statement lines.
4. To agree on appropriate remediation actions to close any material gaps identified.
5. May be required to perform both design and operational effectiveness testing of UK SOX controls.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
1. Worked in a SOX team previously and ideally (although not essential) to have helped with a previous US SOX implementation.
2. Be a qualified accountant with an understanding of how financial statements are compiled and how typical processes impact upon the financial statements.
3. To have had experience of documenting processes including flow charts.
4. Preferable (although not essential) to have previous external and internal audit experience.
5. To be resilient, self-motivated, agile and good at manging your own time in order to meet agreed programme deadlines.
About our Business
Our SSE Finance function has a key part to play in fulfilling SSE's obligations as a UK-listed company, providing expertise and services that can be shared across the SSE Group, and working in partnership with all businesses to provide services tailored to their specific needs. SSE operates in a highly regulated and increasingly competitive environment, and our role is to ensure that we gather, compile, analyse and recommend on the financial strategy for our businesses, identifying opportunities to drive efficiencies and create value for SSE now, and in the future.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org / 01738 341147
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional analytics cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?