About the Role
Base Location: Flexible UK | We're proud to offer a Flexible First approach to work, and this role is no exception. We will, however need your base 'home' location to be one of our SSE offices or depots around the UK and Ireland.
Salary: £32,600 - £48,800 + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
Within the role of Commercial Modeller you will actively support the Solar and Battery sector in the commercial and financial evaluation of new business opportunities, as well as provide analytical review of the UK and Ireland energy market. The role will support all commercial modelling activity alongside managing good relationships within the wider commercial team.
The main responsibilities in this role will be;
- Run a range of Microsoft Excel based financial models to develop and support investment decisions for solar and storage energy infrastructure projects. Customise existing models to accommodate project-specific requirements.
- Integrate inputs into commercial models and assumption books from across teams (development, technical, financial) and be responsible for data quality and challenging assumptions where appropriate.
- Support the development of the commercial solution for propositions and support the translation into a tangible financial model.
- Support proposition and business development efforts under guidance from senior commercial members including the development of complex market models and templates in order to facilitate the investment decision.
- You will prepare analysis and sensitivities and assist in the review of inputs, calculations and outputs of models with a member of the commercial team for final sign-off.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- A degree in a relevant subject or equivalent experience.
- Financial modelling experience and competence in building and adapting Excel models.
- Thorough and analytical approach to challenges and issues.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organisational skills.
- Willingness to embrace and actively challenge the norm in a strong team environment.
About our Business
SSE's Solar and Battery Storage team is one of the fastest growing parts of SSE Group with an exciting multi-GW pipeline of projects in train. In order to accelerate progress towards net zero SSE Group is investing £7m a day on low carbon infrastructure, creating 1,000 green jobs a year in the process, as part of its £25bn NZAP (Net Zero Acceleration Programme). Our solar and battery projects will play a crucial role in getting us to net zero by helping to balance the Grid and by helping us to fully harness the power of renewable generation. SSE is a FTSE30 company intent on building a better world of energy. We're looking to double the size of our current team by attracting people who share our passion for getting to net zero, at what is a very exciting time for the energy sector.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Natalie on Natalie.Clark@sse.com / 01738 275615.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.