We're proud to have been a Principal Partner for COP26, the UN Climate Change Conference, and are leading the way to provide the energy needed now, while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
To reach net zero by 2050, we're looking for people who can bring big ideas, new skills and innovative thinking to help us build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
So join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Reading, Perth or Cardiff
Salary: £38,600 - £58,000 + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
What is the Role?
The Energy Solutions Smart Metering Programme has successfully implemented the changes to our core systems and processes, enabling us to hit our target of offering a compliant smart meter to all customers who are eligible by the end of 2021. We are now moving to a new regime which focuses on successful installations, so there is a need to ensure that every opportunity to install a smart meter is taken.
The Smart Installations Manager will:
- Own the overall performance of Smart Installations from appointment booking through to fully commissioned meters
- Identify, categorise and drive improvement in all areas of Smart Installations including eligibility, appointment booking, cancellations and aborts, meter commissioning and ongoing meter health.
- Support the Contract Management in establishment and running of a governance framework to report on KPIs and manage performance of installers
- Directly manage relationships with key governance stakeholders in Data Protection, GDPR, branding, compliance and IT.
- Facilitate decision making via strong project management and reporting, analysis and communication of outcomes as well as stringent risk and issue tracking and management.
- Work closely with Regulatory Teams to ensure that all installs remain compliant with the various regulatory frameworks which govern smart metering.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Wide experience of leading a Smart Roll-out or Smart Servicing Operation.
- Experience of delivering or supporting customer-focused transformation.
- Broad portfolio of Agile / Prince 2 / MSP Project Management driven business change
- Strong written and verbal communication skills able to present to large groups of people and to senior business stakeholders.
- Excellent negotiation skills, able to reach decisions of mutual benefit- Strong stakeholder management and interpersonal skills.
About our Business
The race to net zero is intensifying for businesses of all sizes. Sustainable decisions made today can meet customers' changing needs for tomorrow and bring long-term success for businesses. Part of SSE plc, the UK and Ireland's largest renewable electricity generator, SSE Energy Solutions is different as all its renewable electricity is sourced from SSE's own UK wind and hydro assets.
In addition to providing gas and electricity to businesses across the UK, SSE Energy Solutions invests in, builds and connects localised flexible infrastructure to drive the long-term performance of energy assets. SSE Energy Solutions works with its customers to deliver financially robust plans to bring flexibility and diversity to their energy infrastructure - the low-carbon solutions they need to succeed in the race to net zero.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Lynsey at email@example.com or on 01738 340426.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?