About the Role
Base Location: Inverness, Aberdeen, Glasgow or Perth. There is a requirement to work on projects in the North of Scotland so travel to this area is required.
Salary: £36,260 - £44,257 depending on experience + range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
What is the Role?
SSEN Transmission has an opportunity for a Site Contracts Supervisor experienced in the construction of Transmission overhead powerlines, underground cables and substations to oversee the delivery of major connection projects in the north of Scotland. The role requires a full current driving licence due to the requirement to travel to and be present on site.
The key duties & responsibilities will be:
- Represent the SSEN Transmission business on-site and be the key site based point of contact.
- Ensure the project is executed in accordance with relevant requirements, particularly relating to statutory and legal obligations, Health and Safety, Construction (Design and Management) Regulations, Quality & technical compliance, personnel and industrial relations.
- Work closely with the appointed contractor and the operations team to ensure the works are delivered to the project programme, in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
- Ensure site activities comply with planning consents and SHE legislation, and routine reports and KPIs are submitted to the Project Manager.
- Develop effective relationships with contractors, suppliers and the community.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we will look for you to have:
- Previous experience working on the construction, maintenance and commissioning of High Voltage overhead line projects, including working knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation and CDM 2015 Regulations - ideally within a High Voltage electricity construction environment.
- Experience working with multiple Contractors/Sub Contractors to drive construction activities to time and budget.
- Previous supervisory or management experience and an understanding of quality requirements and experience in monitoring inspection and test plans.
- Good communication skills with the ability to effectively engage or facilitate the discussion with others to resolve conflicts and planning site activities.
- Computer literate and the ability to communicate effectively and efficiently.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net-zero.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Stephanie at email@example.com / 01738 342963.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal record and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.