Base Location: Montrose / Seagreen Offshore Wind Farm
Salary: £Competitive + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time
What is the Role?
Based on offshore vessels and working on a shift rotation, you’ll be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the Seagreen Offshore Wind Farm assets. In this role you will:
- co-ordinate with personnel working offshore during operational and maintenance activities to ensure the safe delivery of all planned and unplanned works
- ensure that the Wind Farm operates at all times within any Environmental, Health and Safety consent or obligation
- perform the duties of the Incident Controller in an emergency with the responsibility for the reporting and recording of all non-conformances
- coordinate the preparation/provision of SHE related documentation and liaise with the onshore control room and onshore members of the team
- conduct planning reviews that require collaboration with contractors on site
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we’re looking for you to have:
- an enthusiastic and motivated mindset, with the capacity to learn and develop oneself and others
- either a recognised trade background or relevant experience in windfarm operations
- demonstrable skills in planning and experience of working to production targets
- line management experience of technical staff and contractors
- the ability to work on an offshore vessel undertaking a shift pattern
About our Business
SSE Renewables is a leading developer and operator of renewable energy, with growth ambitions to treble our renewable energy output by 2030. We drive new growth by identifying, developing, building and operating high quality assets across the UK, Ireland and internationally. As our ambitions and projects grow, so do our teams, meaning we can offer a great selection of opportunities, training and development to support your career.
Life at SSE
If you’re considering a career with us, you’re probably wondering what’s in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we’re proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we’re proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra ‘if it’s not safe, we don’t do it’.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Natalie on email@example.com.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you’ll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional analytics cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?