About the Role
Base Location: Havant or Reading
Salary: £60,203 - £69,982 and a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
- To ensure the effective transition of new or changed services through the identification, implementation and management of specific deliverables aligned to project delivery frameworks.
- To ensure that the risks associated with the non-delivery of operational requirements and/or artefacts are identified and managed through to delivery.
- To own and be accountable for all aspects of the process, including development, governance, compliance, reporting and continual improvement.
- To ensure the process is operated in line with documented requirements, targets, SLAs and OLAs.
- To work with other process owners to ensure that the process integrates into an overall Service management System and that interfaces with other IT processes are identified, defined and monitored.
- Service Transition Strategy
Develop and maintain the organisation’s Service Transition and OAT strategies to ensure that all new or changed services are transitioned into operational support in a consistent manner, maintaining alignment between project drivers, the project delivery framework and operational support requirements. To ensure that the requirements of other Service Management processes are met by the Service Transition process.
- IT Risk Management
Ensure that the operational risk associated with the transition of new or changed services is clearly understood and articulated, across IT, Third Parties and other SSE Business areas and that that risk is effectively communicated, evaluated and appropriately authorised. To ensure that new or changed services are appropriately tested and to provide visibility of potential non-compliance with operational requirements.
- Relationship Management
To ensure effective communication between Service Transition, Projects and Programmes, IT delivery teams, Service Assurance and Business stakeholders to ensure that the Business drivers and priorities behind the delivery of new or changed services are clearly understood. To implement regular reviews of the process with key stakeholders and practitioners, ensuring that outcomes and actions are documented and that opportunity for improvement are identified. To define aspects of the process that may be operated by other parties and ensure that appropriate controls are in place.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- A demonstrable understanding of IT Service Transition, and other ITIL processes, acquired through previous experience in similar roles.
- A thorough knowledge of SSE’s business and corporate drivers and goals.
- Thorough knowledge of the drivers behind IT Service Transition requirements associated with individual Business areas.
- Strong technical or functional experience, gained in other organisations.
- A thorough knowledge of the requirements and benefits of an established IT Service Transition capability.
About our Business
SSE IT underpins the technology needs of all the different businesses that make up the SSE group. From emerging technologies to data and analytics to cyber security - we power SSE's growth and enable it to generate value, while keeping it secure. As a trusted business partner that helps SSE lead in a low carbon world, we are proud of our service. Working for SSE IT is all about equipping SSE for now and the future.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact David.Brickell@sse.com / 01738 275846.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.