Base Location: Lowestoft
Salary: £32,900 - £49,300 + bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Fixed Term Contract (12 months with potential to extend to 18 months) | Full Time | Flexible working options available
What is the Role?
Reporting directly to the Head of Offshore Wind Operations the Service Delivery Manager is the key interface for relationship management and delivery between Service Provider (SSE) and Joint Venture Business (JV).
1. Responsible for ensuring fulfilment of the Operational Management Agreement (OMA) obligations by the dedicated project team and various interdepartmental stakeholders across the SSE Business; all to support the successful operational delivery of the windfarm to the Joint Venture. This will include direct line management responsibility for the OMA Administrators.
2. Manage recommendations and escalations for approval and resolution by the General Manager and JV Shareholders at the required level of authority.
3. Support the productive and profitable operation of the windfarm whilst ensuring the Service Provider does not exceed limitations or restrictions of the OMA Delegated Authority. Manage and progress operational requirements and recommendations for approvals (in a timely manner) to the required level of authority in accordance with the OMA.
4. Ensure regular reporting to the Joint Venture within necessary timescales. Responsible for the production and delivery of Operational Reporting the Joint Venture. Gatekeeper and presenter of JV business recommendation and approval papers in accordance with the Joint Venture governance and approval process.
5. Act as Asset Manager for SSE owned assets. Providing representation at Operations Committee Meetings ensuring the interests of SSE are effectively communicated and/or escalated as required to the SSE JV Directors, all in line with the shareholders agreement, JV governance and delegated authority. This also includes the review and approval of business requests as required.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
1. A higher education qualification in a relevant subject (Quantity Surveying, Contract Management, Commercial Management) or alternatively, relevant experience in a similar role at a similar level, and be highly competent with IT packages, particularly Office 365 and associated software packages.
2. Strong commercial management skills with experience in Contract Management and Administration on multi-million pound projects with working knowledge of term and project delivery contracts.
3. A background in Power Generation or Utilities, an understanding of the offshore wind industry is highly desirable. Previous experience in an offshore operations role is preferable.
4. A sound knowledge of Joint Venture Businesses and Finance, Procurement and Tendering processes and managing claims and dispute resolution processes is a necessity for this role.
5. Effective risk management and negotiation and stakeholder management skills.
About our Business
SSE Renewables is a leading developer and operator of renewable energy, with growth ambitions to treble our renewable energy output by 2030. We drive new growth by identifying, developing, building and operating high quality assets across the UK, Ireland and internationally. As our ambitions and projects grow, so do our teams, meaning we can offer a great selection of opportunities, training and development to support your career.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact email@example.com.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional analytics cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?