About the Role
Base Location: Flexible UK | We're proud to offer a Flexible First approach to work, and this role is no exception. We will, however need your base 'home' location to be one of our c350 offices or depots around the UK and Ireland.
Salary: Up to £69,100 depending on experience + car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
As Senior T&I Engineer you will lead and coordinate transportation & installation engineering work in relation to the wind turbine generator foundation, wind turbine generator and outside plant T&I scope on SSER offshore wind projects.
Your main responsibilities may include:
- Developing marine logistics strategy from WTG foundation fabrication locations to marshalling facilities to transport to field for subsequent installation.
- Providing T&I input into WTG foundation design process.
- Identifying suitable installation & long-haul vessels that have the capability to transport and install the structures being proposed.
- Interfacing closely with the Structures & WTG teams on the project during the Concept/FEED/Detailed Design to ensure that requirements for T&I are introduced and reflected in the foundation design and parameters for installation.
- Maintaining ongoing interaction with the T&I supply chain during the design process to understand the contractors methodology for installation is aligning with the design.
- Reviewing Contractors methods for transportation and installation whilst being responsible for management of risk and risk mitigation related to the T&I technical scope.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Strong ability to work autonomously and independently, using initiative to lead T&I engineering decisions and solutions while keeping the project management appraised and involved as needed.
- Ability to lead team of engineers, in a collaborative and effective manner with experience of contractual interface management, contractor management and conflict/dispute resolution.
- Educated to degree level in relevant technical discipline such as Naval Architecture or equivalent work experience within a similar industry and role.
- Experience with foundation loadouts, transportation and installation is essential whilst experience working for a developer or offshore installation contractor is desirable.
- GWO suite of training certifications including First Aid, Manual Handling, Fire Awareness, Working at Heights and Sea Survival (with HUET).
- Knowledge of CDM and Maritime regulations experience along with Offshore Lifting and LOLER experience.
About our Business
SSE Renewables is a leading developer and operator of renewable energy, with growth ambitions to treble our renewable energy output by 2030. We drive new growth by identifying, developing, building and operating high quality assets across the UK, Ireland and internationally. As our ambitions and projects grow, so do our teams, meaning we can offer a great selection of opportunities, training and development to support your career.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Andrew.Duncan2@sse.com / 01738 275847.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?