About the Role
Base Location: Reading, Havant, Thatcham or Perth
Salary: £57,336 - £69,982 and a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
The Release Manager is responsible for effectively communicating and coordinating releases and dependencies across a diverse range of stakeholders with competing priorities and overseeing releases in close collaboration with Delivery Leads to minimise business disruption and maximise value delivered. They foster a highly automated DevOps working environment, accelerating ways of working and amplifying the capability of product teams.
Our Release Manager will coordinate changes, releases and deployment in a complex technology landscape and manage integrated environments with high levels of automation. They influence senior stakeholders and build lasting relationships, with a good working knowledge of the product lifecycle.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Stakeholder Engagement with the App Support/development team and Product Owners. Wider engagement with the SSE ITSC Teams and SSE Change and Incident Management.
- Responsible for agreeing and documenting the Release Schedule for each Application.
- Scheduling Releases, working with the Support Team and the Product Owner to agree Release schedules and setting up version control.
- Setting up Pipeline/Continuous Delivery and Control/approval gates to help with the automation of Releases.
- Agree content of Releases with the Product Owner/Support team and the prioritisation of the releases and release schedules, including providing support with the prioritisation of incidents.
- Responsible for Environment Management (Azure Environments across multiple subscriptions).
What do I need?
Your skillset for this role will include;
- Good knowledge of MS Azure/ AWS. Skill set to include an excellent understanding of the Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery process, Devops Repos/ Git Hub/Subversion, Azure Resource Groups and PaaS Services (Function Apps, ASE's APIM).
- Strong stakeholder management experience.
- Experience with tools such as ITSC Service Now or BMC Remedy (for Incident, Change Management, Problem)
Good understanding of security tools like Sonarcloud/Sonarcloud. Experience of working alongside testers.
- Experience with working in an Agile Environment is a Must.
- Demonstrate experience of managing multiple Release streams across multiple Applications and identifying release dependencies across applications. Background of working in an application support team preferable, good experience of managing multiple resources and stakeholders and working in Develops Teams alongside developers.
About our Business
SSE IT underpins the technology needs of all the different businesses that make up the SSE group. From emerging technologies to data and analytics to cyber security - we power SSE's growth and enable it to generate value, while keeping it secure. As a trusted business partner that helps SSE lead in a low carbon world, we are proud of our service. Working for SSE IT is all about equipping SSE for now and the future.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact David.Brickell@sse.com / 01738 275846.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.