About the role
Base Location: Glasgow or Perth (although other locations considered). Hybrid working with a split between home and office is available for this role to support your work/life balance.
Salary: £61,100 - £91,700 + car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
What is the Role?
At SSEN Transmission we are building a network for net zero. We expect more than a threefold increase in generation from the current levels to 30GW by 2030 and more beyond that.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Regulation Manager within SSEN Transmission's Regulation Team who will take a leading role in ensuring we deliver all our commitments in our £2bn+ RIIO-T2 Business Plan and in implementing our ambitious £9bn Accelerated Strategic Transmission Investment (ASTI) Plan through the fast-changing energy environment, as we race to net zero. At the same time, they will also provide necessary support to the wider team in shaping the next RIIO price control – RIIO-T3 which will commence in 2026. The Key Responsibilities of this Senior Regulation Manager, while changeable as required, currently include:
- Taking lead responsibility to ensure all RIIO-T2 commitments will be met or exceeded in the timescales required.
- Overseeing the timely submission of all RIIO-T2 regulatory uncertainty mechanism applications to Ofgem, ensuring the Regulation Team has worked with subject matter experts to demonstrate the need and secure the investment during the RIIO-2 price control.
- Taking a leading role in securing the necessary investment under the ASTI framework from Ofgem, and ensuring ongoing ASTI policy development aligns with our, and our stakeholders, strategic priorities.
- Overseeing the development, through thorough team research and analysis, regulatory policy across several critical workstreams whilst successfully advocating for our strategic goals across each key area, including arrangements for development of the onshore and offshore transmission network, onshore competition, and energy system governance.
- Providing effective coaching, guidance, and development to enhance the development, skills and knowledge of others, both within the Transmission Regulation Team and across the SSEN Transmission business.
- Building and maintaining effective strategic relationships with both internal and external stakeholders, in particular Ofgem, influencing the external regulatory environment through regular communication and engagement, responding to industry consultations and other submissions and representing SSEN Transmission at industry fora.
In meeting your responsibilities, you will be actively supported by your colleagues in the Regulation Team as well as wider from your wider SSEN Transmission colleagues.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Extensive relevant experience in utility regulation and qualified to degree level in one of the following disciplines: Economics, Business, Science, Engineering or Law.
- Strategic awareness of the interactions between regulatory projects and the impact of broader political and policy developments within the Transmission industry.
- Demonstrable experience of influencing and collaborating with Senior Management and policy makers both internally and externally.
- Competence in both financial modelling and statistics, and you should have a fundamental legal understanding of the field, particularly in relation to licence drafting.
- You will oversee a small, expert team, and therefore experience of line management and people development is required.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact email@example.com / 01738 344049.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.