SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible, however our preference is that you will be based in one of our key UK sites, which includes but is not limited to:- Glasgow, Perth, Aberdeen, Inverness, Reading, or Havant
Salary: £67,506 - £78,474 and a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
This Senior Project Manager role is the point of delivery for operationally critical projects, likely to include a portfolio of related projects, potentially of strategic importance to SSE with direct business impact with firm deadlines. A vital part of the role is delivering the requirements as per the customer expectations.
This person will need to be experienced in Service Delivery, focused on targets and requirements, with an ability to be adaptable to meet changing business environments and report on progress to the relevant Programme Manager and above, also establishing key relationships with our stakeholders.
Great opportunity to join a growing and hardworking team of people delivering various customer focussed solutions and outcomes for our Business. This role is key to our ongoing success and requires strong Leadership experience. We are searching for a motivated person looking to contribute to our journey, with the ability to manage in a complex environment. Key responsibilities, attributes and experience below.
- Lead, establish and maintain highly effective relationships within projects and other project and business teams to ensure that interfaces work correctly.
- Management of 3rd parties, acting as a routine contact point between organisation and supplier. Monitor contract performance, manage underperformance and escalate where necessary.
- Manage cross project and programme dependencies, ensuring activities are joined up from an operational and delivery point of view.
- Proactively manage, through appropriate project management frameworks key customer and stakeholder relationships relevant to the project.
- Lead, manage and mentor the team to deliver on time, on budget and be the best we can be.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Ability to provide leadership and focus for the project teams. Experience and ability to prioritise.
- Experience of having shaped business cases and delivering real benefits to an organisation.
- Ability to work in a technically or organisationally complex environment.
- Ability to thrive in a challenging environment and develop new skills. Conflict resolution through negotiation.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity to bring stability to project delivery. Shows a high level of planning aptitude.
About our Business
SSE IT underpins the technology needs of all the different businesses that make up the SSE group. From emerging technologies to data and analytics to cyber security - we power SSE's growth and enable it to generate value, while keeping it secure. As a trusted business partner that helps SSE lead in a low carbon world, we are proud of our service. Working for SSE IT is all about equipping SSE for now and the future.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact David on David.Brickell@sse.com / 01738 275846.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.