Are you a senior project manager highly experienced in the development or delivery of infrastructure, renewable energy or offshore oil and gas projects?
Have you ever considered a change in career direction to give back to industry the benefits of your project experience?
If so, SSE would be interested in hearing from you for the position of Senior Project Assurance Manager to help support its assurance programme for the delivery of a multibillion pound portfolio of large capital projects ranging from UK and International renewable energy projects, first of its kind technologies in floating wind, hydrogen, and carbon capture to nationally important electricity network infrastructure.
SSE has an ambitious strategy to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Our success hinges on the delivery of world leading renewables, networks, thermal and solar & battery storage projects across our low-carbon portfolio. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion over the next 5 years, the provision of effective assurance and governance over these Large Capital Projects (LCP) is more critical than ever. Our Large Capital Project Services (LCPS) team has a pivotal role in conducting assurance reviews in advance of key decision phases of a project, programme or portfolio to ensure SSE's interests are protected, and that projects are set up for success.
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible, however our preference is that you will be based in one of our key UK or Ireland sites, which includes but is not limited to:- Glasgow, Perth, Aberdeen, Inverness, Reading, Havant, London or Dublin
Salary: £Competitive (depending on experience) + car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
The role of Senior Project Assurance Manager is high profile and vitally important to the Group, as you'll use your depth of experience in either project due diligence, acquisitions, development, delivery project governance or corporate governance to lead a varied portfolio of assurance reviews. You'll work collaboratively with key senior stakeholders and programme owners to provide an independent view on the current and potential future status of a project, programme, portfolio or business area, highlighting any risks and offering advice to strengthen project plans.
In addition to the above, your key accountabilities will include:-
- Ensuring adherence with the Group Project Assurance Review process, providing appropriate notice to the business, review team members and scheduling appropriate review and preparation time to ensure the successful delivery of Assurance Reviews.
- Providing an accurate, independent and credible view of the project, working with the business to identify any risks and/or improvements.
- Identifying, developing and delivering business improvement opportunities arising from Assurance Reviews or as directed by the LCP Committee and/or Director of Project Services.
- Proactively recommending opportunities to strengthen project governance, ensuring these are in line with LCP Governance Framework.
- Providing direct support to Business Units for projects and operations as required.
What do I need?
Essential to this role will be your previous experience and knowledge of the delivery of Large Capital Projects in a similar sector (Utilities, Energy, Development, Process or IT/Transformation), as well as in-depth knowledge of LCP governance and/or a strong Corporate Governance background.
In addition to the above, we'd love you to have:-
- Expert knowledge in a key project skillset, such as: Project Management, Engineering, Commercial, Management or Consenting. Experience of implementing Change Management in a large organisation would also be advantageous.
- High level of financial literacy, understanding of key financial metrics and project economic modelling.
- Ability to work well under pressure in the intensity of a 3-4 day Project Assurance Review, with the ability to maintain discipline and produce a high quality review output.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organisation with confidence.
- Must be flexible, a team player and ready to support wider business objectives and improvement activities as required.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Jenna.Jackson@sse.com / 01738 341390.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.