About the Role
Base Location: Perth, Glasgow, Aberdeen or Inverness
Salary: £44,100 to £66,100 + car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
Brief description of the role:-
- Lead the planning team and also undertake the planning of a portfolio of projects within Transmission which includes both producing and managing programmes.
- Implement technical expertise across the full project lifecycle where you will integrate your understanding of emerging industry methodologies to successfully manage the cross-discipline relationships within the project services functions.
- Create, implement and execute top down approach in respect of the strategic plans and schedules that support the project work processes, milestones and deadlines. Practical field experience with planning and scheduling knowledge to identify challenges to the project schedule and suggested mitigations where required.
- Liaise with project teams, contractors, site management and commercial teams throughout the project lifecycle to effectively report on project progress, risks and contingency plans.
- Leadership, mentoring and management of the planning team. Implementation and monitoring earned value systems that accurately measure progress and performance. Provide reporting and feedback to project and business on project status / progress.
What do I need
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- A Bachelor's degree in construction management, engineering, project management, or related technical field or National Level NVQ5 or equivalent working knowledge. An active membership in at least one professional body or association demonstrating continual professional development is desirable.
- Experience of leading a planning team.
- Experience of planning on large scale, complex projects throughout the project lifecycle and ideally trained in NEC3 contract management with focus on planning requirements highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of the Transmission business.
- Prior experience of planning or implementing and effectively using company standard planning and scheduling systems i.e. Primavera P6.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Stephanie on Stephanie.Jamieson@sse.com or 01738 342963.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.