SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, our SSE Renewables (SSER) business continues to be at the forefront of our growth plans, and our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come. We are proud to be playing a critical role in the net zero transition, as we aim to more than treble the net capacity in operation to 13GW and grow renewable energy output five-fold to over 50TWh over the next 10 years.
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible UK, however our preference is that you will be based in one of our key UK sites, which includes but is not limited to:- Glasgow, Perth, Aberdeen, Inverness, Reading, Havant and London.
Salary: £51,600 - £77,400 dependant on experience + car / allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
SSE Renewables Onshore Engineering have opportunities within our Electrical Engineering Team. We are looking for Electrical Engineers at Senior Engineer level to lead and coordinate all electrical engineering deliverables across development and construction projects within the Onshore Europe Renewables business.
The scope of work covers the whole project lifecycle and includes onshore wind farm electrical system design and operation, HVAC substations, land cable systems, electrical power system studies, wind turbine electrical systems and grid code compliance. If you have experience in one or more of these areas, we are extremely keen to hear from you.
Some of your main responsibilities will include:
- Front-end electrical engineering design works.
- Development of electrical contract documentation including management and preparation of substation, turbine, cable systems and electrical balance of plant contracts.
- Coordinating project engineering works and ensuring correct technical specifications are prepared and applied to projects.
- Review external contractor's and consultant's specifications and documentation for the procurement of long lead plant items and contracts to ensure SSE requirements are achieved.
- Review and interpretation of power systems studies against relevant grid code requirements to ensure all projects are designed and executed demonstrating and proving full compliance.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role we are looking for some key essential skills and experience:
- We are looking for an experienced Electrical Engineer with specialist knowledge gained from a background preferably working in a Renewables business.
- A Chartered Engineer and a member of the Engineering Council or working towards this goal.
- Strong technical knowledge and experience of renewable electricity generation including technical knowledge of onshore wind power systems and their operation.
- Thorough understanding of commercial awareness in order to understand implications of engineering activities and decisions.
- Pride yourself on your excellent organisational skills and ability to deliver the highest quality of work within the necessary timescales.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Pamela on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01738 342002.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.