SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
Base Location: Flexible, however our preference is that you will be based in one of our key UK sites, which includes but is not limited to:- Glasgow, Perth, Aberdeen, Inverness, Reading, Havant.
Salary: £53,681 - £62,405 (depending on skills and experience) + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
About the Role
The role of a Senior Developer is to build high quality and fully performing software that complies with coding standards, technical design and security guidelines and guardrails.
Key responsibilities for the role will include:
- Analysing system requirements and designing, testing, coding and modifying very complex programmes and scripts to agreed company standards.
- Working as part of a multidisciplinary team with the ability to undertake technical leadership (high level business analysis and application design) and co-ordination of technical development within product lifecycle, and/or system maintenance tasks.
- Collaborating with product leadership roles to deliver business outcomes in agile, DevOps environment as part of a team.
- Diagnosing and resolving problems with applications systems (both internal and third party) in the production environment.
- Providing leadership and accountability for ensuring the ongoing maintenance and developed service improvements to our core applications.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Experience from a similar senior / lead development role in supporting business critical systems in a medium/large organisation.
- Excellent communications skills and experience of collaborating with diverse stakeholders and team members to deliver complex technical solutions in agile environments.
- Multiple Agile environment full SDLC under your belt from a DevOps Engineering perspective with a preference for building applications with Azure experience (though open to other DevOps tools such as Github or Teamcity etc)
- Experience in troubleshooting cloud integrations (.NET Framework, C#, Azure Function Apps, Azure Service Bus, Azure Logic Apps)
- Extensive experience in Build & Release Management, Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD), ideally using Azure DevOps (pipelines, repos, releases) to release software to production
About our Business
SSE IT underpins the technology needs of all the different businesses that make up the SSE group. From emerging technologies to data and analytics to cyber security - we power SSE's growth and enable it to generate value, while keeping it secure. As a trusted business partner that helps SSE lead in a low carbon world, we are proud of our service. Working for SSE IT is all about equipping SSE for now and the future.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Laura on email@example.com / 01738 341814.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.