About the Role
Base Location: Perth, Aberdeen, Glasgow or Inverness
Salary: £ Competitive + car allowance, performance related bonus and + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
The SSEN Transmission, IT Directorate has a set of ambitious digital programmes in three specific business areas, to enable transformation within Customer, Capital Delivery and Network Planning functions of SSEN Transmission which respectively enable us to delivery exemplary customer service, build large capital projects faster and more efficiently and allow for a network planning capability that produces more complex and more frequent network plans. There are other directorates undergoing transformation too; areas of the programme such as Asset Management, Enterprise, and IT Enablement which are not within the scope of these three roles.
The Digital Programme is looking for three Senior Delivery Leads to take accountability for the delivery of Customer, Capital Delivery and Network Planning Value Streams. These roles have common skills and features listed below, however; they individually have separate delivery requirements which we have identified for each role below.
The Digital Programme is a fast paced and stimulating programme to work in. You will work with diverse talent across the business, and senior stakeholders to execute on your part of our digital strategy delivering targeted outcomes and benefits.
Common to all three roles:
We are hiring for 3 Senior Delivery Leads to take accountability of our Customer, Capital Delivery and Network Planning value streams. The following features and skills are common to all these roles:
- An experienced programme manager, who has experience in having delivered large programmes. Our Value Stream leads will manage typical annual budgets in excess of £2m.
- A good leader and able to manage IT teams including technology partners, such as consulting, product and system implementation partners.
- Highly effective communicator and able to engage with a range of management levels, particularly programme sponsors who are part of SSE T Executive Committee.
- Able to manage programme financials, including the ability to provide programme estimates and narrate financial positions.
- Ability to work with PMOs, Solution Architecture, Data Architecture, Change Management specialists and use their inputs and skills in scoping and execution of programme objectives.
- Ability to think strategically, review and manage the roadmap of delivery over for the key business area to meet regulatory outcomes and deliver the most benefit for the business and its stakeholders.
- Identify and manage key risks and provide relevant mitigations to them.
- Ability to define and articulate benefits cases for the digital initiatives in collaboration with the business.
- Ability to manage stakeholders, make key decisions within governance framework and help the business adapt the solutions offered.
- Whilst these skills are common to all 3 x Senior Delivery Leads, the skills below are preferrable for the Senior Delivery Leads in the specific areas below.
Customer Value Stream; Senior Delivery Lead –
The Customer Value Stream: Senior Delivery Lead will be responsible for implementing several technologies that help manage end to end customer journeys:
- Deploying Customer Relationship Management technologies, in the Business-to-Business context.
- Ability to engage with Customer Service Teams: please note – we do not operate call centres. We are a highly project oriented, business to business customer service.
- Aligning end-to-end processes with automated workflows.
- Delivery of projects where multiple sources of system source data are required to support decision making.
- A strong appreciation of data as it relates to customer management.
Capital Delivery Value Stream; Senior Delivery Lead –
The Capital Delivery Value Stream: Senior Delivery Lead will be responsible for implementing several technologies that help project teams design, construct, and hand over to operations key critical national infrastructure assets. These can include anything from substations or a series of overhead lines. Great Britain has ambitions to accelerate Net Zero and a key part to enable this is the expansion of the Electricity Infrastructure in a manner so that it remains cost effective for the end consumer, is of right integrity and design, is built quickly and is of the right capacity and in the right location. The Senior Delivery Lead is preferred to have experience in the following:
- Previous experience in having delivered Integrated Project Management technologies and technologies that are used to create 3D designs.
- A good understanding of the life cycle of Capital Delivery Projects.
- Delivery of technologies to internal and external engineering and project director communities of users, all in the context of large construction projects.
- A good understanding of regulatory environment in large capital delivery projects and appreciation of the workflows, governance processes involved.
- Ability to engage with 3 difference Capital Delivery directors who will all be stakeholders of these technologies.
Network Planning Value Stream; Senior Delivery Lead –
The Network Planning Value Stream: Senior Delivery Lead will be responsible for implementing several technologies that enable SSEN Transmission, to design its future network based on a number of future energy scenarios. To achieve this, SSE will build variety of models and produce regulated deliverables. These models feed into investment decisions, provide insight into capacity of the network for connections and enable the GB System Operator to make appropriate medium and long-term operational decisions. This Value Stream is highly specialised and uses data from multiple areas of the business, including external sources to achieve its outputs. The value stream is also accountable for regulatory reporting and execution of SSE Assurance activities. As such, it will use data to produce multiple reports and insights for both the use of the regulator and internal stakeholders. The Senior Delivery Lead is preferred to have experience in the following:
- An understanding of data modelling, scenario planning, analytics tools.
- End-to-end digitisation workflows, where data is pulled from multiple sources to be exploited and enable decision making.
- Any experience of implementing planning and scenarios analysis tools, with use of large amount of data.
- Familiar with infrastructure that uses High Performance Compute.
- Ability to engage with Power System Engineers and designers who will be working with large data and analytics models.
About our Business
SSE IT underpins the technology needs of all the different businesses that make up the SSE group. From emerging technologies to data and analytics to cyber security - we power SSE's growth and enable it to generate value, while keeping it secure. As a trusted business partner that helps SSE lead in a low carbon world, we are proud of our service. Working for SSE IT is all about equipping SSE for now and the future.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact David.Brickell@sse.com / 01738 275 846.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.