Base Location: Glasgow | Perth | Reading
Salary: £45,200 - £67,800 + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: 12 months, Fixed Term Contract | Full Time | Flexible working options available
What is the Role?
Data Protection and privacy continues to be a fast moving and business critical area of law. The role holder will be responsible for providing strategic and pragmatic advice across the company related to UK and EU data protection and privacy law, including leading on projects with a data protection impact. The role holder will deputise for the Group Data Protection Officer (GDPO) as required and give advice and support the other Data Protection Solicitors and Data Protection Specialists. The successful candidate will also be accountable for identifying, building and maintaining relationships between DPO Office and key senior management and specific area stakeholders to assist in the development of DPO Office profile and to achieve resolution of any issues.
In addition, the role covers:
- Provide advice and guidance to relevant stakeholders in relation to Data Protection and the requirements of the GDPR.
- Support the GDPO in maintaining a data protection culture across the businesses and monitoring compliance with the internal protection control framework(s).
- Be an expert in data protection and privacy as it relates to contracts including data processing and data sharing agreements and to include processing outside the EEA. (Model clauses and Privacy Shield);
- Supervise and advise on data protection impact assessments.
- Support the data incident response and data breach notification procedures and ensure compliance with relevant requirements
- Prepare and deliver training at all levels of the company and supporting SSE's data protection specialists.
- Maintain expert knowledge of GDPR and data protection as it applies to SSE.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, you should be a qualified data protection solicitor and be able to demonstrate the following:
- A strong knowledge of data privacy legislation in the UK and EU, including GDPR.
- Experience of managing data incidents and breaches
- Experience of interacting with and building trusting relationships with key internal stakeholders, business partners and, if appropriate, Regulatory Authorities.
- Excellent communication skills, consistently providing a high level of service.
About our Business
Our in-house SSE Legal function operates across the SSE Group to ensure business actions and behaviours are aligned to business priorities, are legally sound, and reinforce a culture of integrity, quality, responsibility and ethical behaviour. We identify and rationalise legal risk, providing advice on both regulatory and statutory obligations, all whilst helping the business to achieve their strategic goals.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Natalie.Clark@sse.com / 01738 275615.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional analytics cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?