SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, our SSE Renewables (SSER) business continues to be at the forefront of our growth plans, and our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come. We are proud to be playing a critical role in the net zero transition, as we aim to more than treble the net capacity in operation to 13GW and grow renewable energy output five-fold to over 50TWh over the next 10 years.
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible, however our preference is that you will be based in one of our key UK or Ireland sites, which includes but is not limited to:- Glasgow, Perth, Aberdeen, Inverness, Reading, Havant, London or Dublin
Salary: £Competitive + car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
To support our growth, our Renewables business has a dedicated Business Development, Strategy and Route to Market function who are at the forefront of enabling our entry and growth into new markets, technologies and partnerships.
We are now seeking to grow our team with an exciting new opportunity for a Senior cPPA Origination Manager. In this role, you'll manage the origination and business development of cPPAs in a specific geography or cluster, focussing on development of prospects and opportunities, the development of Corporate relationships, and the management of the Commercial Offtake process, taking commercial ownership of cPPA execution.
In addition to the above, your key accountabilities will include:-
- Work in partnership with our colleagues in EPM to originate, negotiate and secure cPPA contracts, through the development of new cPPA buyer relationships.
- Optimise cPPA deal structures to support PF, bankability and to ensure best practice and alignment to the overall SSER strategy. To achieve this you'll own cPPA bidding, proposals and commercial positioning; build and develop materials and collateral; and partner with internal stakeholders on commercial positioning refinement.
- Project/programme manage cPPA deals to execution, providing commercial leadership and ensuring 'on track' timeline management by activating internal and external stakeholders as required across the lifecycle.
- Establish and grow our potential customer database, developing early conversations and opportunities, optimising current existing relationships e.g. with SSE's Customer business to leverage customers access and related products to optimise value.
- Optimise and maintain relationships with external consultants and partners and internal teams to both listen to and provide insight on market realities and feedback to align towards tactical and strategic positioning.
What do I need?
This is a new, critical and high-profile role requiring strong commercial awareness and prior experience in a similar role where you have successfully originated and developed a cPPA pipeline with Corporate partners, in one or more geographies.
In addition to the above, we would love you to have:-
- Experience in developing and negotiating commercial and contractual structures with senior leaders within large Corporates, building collaborative relationships based on trust and integrity.
- Experience of owning and managing the cPPA process from origination to delivery.
- Good financial literacy, with experience of financial modelling and LT power evaluations.
- Excellent working knowledge and experience of energy markets, particularly renewables.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and often highly ambiguous environment with resilience, positivity and integrity.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Jenna.Jackson@sse.com / 01738 341390.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.