Base Location: Berkshire, Hampshire, Wiltshire
Salary: £45,200 - £64,000+ car / allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available
What is the Role?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Contract Manager (Senior Quantity Surveyor) to join our Procurement and Commercial (P&C) team working within our Distribution business.
Reporting to the Procurement & Commercial Manager, you will be providing end to end P&C support for the delivery of numerous £ multi-million, major projects relating to overhead lines, substations and underground cables across multiple sites in the south of England. This role provides an excellent opportunity for long term career development.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing end to end Procurement and Commercial support services to each allocated project
- The development and implementation of the project procurement and commercial strategy to optimise value for money in conjunction with project delivery aligned with our business objectives and goals
- Providing timely cost estimates, budgeting, and cost reporting and to ensure project programme dates are achieved
- Estimates and cost forecasts as each project matures
- Pre and post contract procurement and commercial support services
- Assisting in the development and drafting of Procurement, Contract and Commercial Management processes and procedures
- Supporting the delivery of departmental KPIs and objectives such as savings in total cost of ownership, value engineering and safety performance.
What do I need?
You’ll be an enthusiastic, delivery focused individual with strong commercial acumen and technical understanding of construction principals, including well-developed interpersonal, problem-solving, communication, negotiation skills gained from working as a contracts/commercial manager or quantity surveyor in the construction industry.
We are looking for a candidate who has:
- A good working knowledge of UK construction contracts, Experience with a procurement platform (like Jaggaer), Experience of working with the NEC ECC forms of contract or similar is essential and the ability to research, gather and present information both verbally and written on contracts.
- Experience in estimating, cost and budget management, pre and post contract administration, contract negotiation, claims and commercial programme and risk management;
- Competence in the preparation and drafting of construction contracts
- Excellent IT skills including knowledge of all MS Office applications. (Experience in the use of proprietary purchase systems would be beneficial);
- A degree in Quantity Surveying is preferred however, candidates with other relevant construction related degrees with appropriate experience will be considered. MRICS professional qualifications are desirable however other relevant qualifications will be considered.
About our Business
At SSE, we own more than 500 property assets and several thousand land assets, which are located across the length and breadth of the UK and Ireland. Our Procurement & Commercial, Property and Facilities Management teams are responsible for helping the business to procure services and materials in a timely and cost-effective way, and for ensuring SSE offers a safe, modern, fit-for-purpose property portfolio. We work right across the SSE Group, ensuring our businesses gets the best possible service and value from our supplier network, as well as ensuring all service providers are compliant and continue to meet contractual obligations and business need.
What’s in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for ‘Inclusion & Diversity at SSE’ to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org / 01738 344763
EXTERNAL: Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?