About the Role
Base Location: Flexible UK & Ireland | We're proud to offer a Flexible First approach to work, and this role is no exception. We will, however need your base 'home' location to be one of our SSE offices or depots around the UK and Ireland.
Salary: £51,600 - £77,400 + car / allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
Main Purpose of the Job
The Senior Contracts Manager will play a pivotal role in SSE by driving our ambition to become a market leading business providing optimisation services to Distributed Energy assets. You will do so by helping us define the business propositions and providing commercial leadership and governance on opportunities for flexibility from various assets and sources as part of the Digital Services Energy-as-a-Service offering. As flexibility Contracts manager your role will involve, structuring, drafting, negotiation, execution and performance management of all Energy flexibility and optimization contracts.
You will be working in close collaboration with the contracts team within EPM (Energy Portfolio Management) and DE (Distributed Energy) to develop commercial contracts and take them through to governance and final sign off.
- Structure, evaluate, write and support the negotiation and execution of energy flexibility and optimisation related contracts, adhering to all SSE governance policies and procedures.
- Lead the development of commercial structures and support the development of complex financial models for business case assessment and evaluation and preparation of client bids and proposals.
- Work closely with EPM, and Distributed Energy Contracts teams to complete SSE governance process through to approval/signature.
- Work closely with Business Development and project development teams to inform shape of deals and support the project development process from initial concept development to proposal and contract.
- Assist in the production and presentation of commercial business case reports and presentations during the governance process.
- Maintaining close collaboration and partnerships with EPM and DE key stakeholders to ensure effective communication of business opportunity, contract expectations, obligations, performance metrics and compliance.
- Supporting the wider commercial and business development teams within Distributed Energy business on development and execution of client bids, JV, ESCO, Acquisition, divestment or M&A activity.
What do I need?
To be considered for the role, we would love you to have;
- Relevant professional or academic qualification and/or a proven background and experience in an energy related commercial and contractual environment.
- A strong understanding of energy wholesale and ancillary services markets and flexibility business models for standalone front of the meter and behind the meter assets.
- Good understanding of energy technologies and solutions for flexible energy generation and storage.
- Good Experience on how to operate in a large business and the challenges and intricacies of operating successfully within a matrix management structure.
- Very good quantitative and qualitative evaluation skills.
- Strong Project Management skills.
About our Business
SSE Enterprise Utilities is the Distributed Energy (DE) and Private Networks business of SSE plc. We finance, own, operate and maintain energy infrastructure for commercial, industrial and residential customers - providing them with a market leading project development service and certainty of operational performance and asset management.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Natalie.Clark@sse.com or 01738 275615.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.