Base Location: Perth | Inverness | Glasgow | Aberdeen
Salary: £45,200 - £67,800 + car / allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available
What is the Role?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Contract Manager to join our Procurement and Commercial (P&C) team working within our Distribution business.
Reporting to the Procurement & Commercial Manager, you will provide the necessary pre and post contract procurement and commercial support to a variety of projects including complex large capital projects within our Scottish Hydro Electric Power Distribution license area.
The main responsibilities in this role will be:
- To manage the tender process for large capital projects from issue of invitation to tender through to contract award and subsequent commercial management of the delivery phase. This will include management of commercial staff.
- Managing the procurement of essential work scopes, procuring at lowest cost of ownership and in accordance with the principle of efficiency and best value. This includes covering all commercial, business and legal project risks in contracts and negotiating terms and conditions within own area of responsibility to ensure ongoing value for money throughout the lifetime of the contract.
- Development of the Procurement and Commercial strategies in line with the Large Capital Projects Governance requirements.
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures, promote safety and safe working practices both internally and externally to improve safety performance.
- Support the Head of Procurement and Commercial and the Procurement and Commercial Manager in providing a world class procurement and commercial service.
What do I need?
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent and professional membership of a relevant technical or professional body, for example the RICS.
- Knowledge and Understanding of the requirements of the Utilities Contract Scotland Regulations
- Knowledge and Understanding of commercial governance arrangements for the development and execution of large capital projects together with commercial, contract or cost experience in delivering projects
- Experience of estimating, sourcing management, cost & budget management and contract administration
- Experience of drafting and interpreting commercial contracts together with knowledge of Standard Form construction contracts and bespoke contract arrangements
About our Business
At SSE, we own more than 500 property assets and several thousand land assets, which are located across the length and breadth of the UK and Ireland. Our Procurement & Commercial, Property and Facilities Management teams are responsible for helping the business to procure services and materials in a timely and cost-effective way, and for ensuring SSE offers a safe, modern, fit-for-purpose property portfolio. We work right across the SSE Group, ensuring our businesses gets the best possible service and value from our supplier network, as well as ensuring all service providers are compliant and continue to meet contractual obligations and business need.
What’s in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for ‘Inclusion & Diversity at SSE’ to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org / 01738 344763.
EXTERNAL: Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?