Base Location: Perth, Glasgow, Aberdeen or Inverness
Salary: Circa £45,000 + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available
What is the Role?
SSEN Transmission is currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Contract Manager to join the Customer & Stakeholder Directorate.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Responsibility for customer relationships, contract management and customer insights. These activities must be undertaken in adherence with relevant statutory, licence and code obligations, and with an awareness and engagement in emerging policy drivers within the Transmission business.
- Collaboration with other business units within SSEN Transmission is essential, and the Customer Experience team should facilitate collaboration as far as possible.
- To provide support to the Customer Team Manager and the team of contract managers that own the relationship with these customers and act as the voice of the customer for teams across Transmission.
- You will be responsible for ensuring that our most high profile customers receive high standards of service, regular communications about their projects and support and guidance when required. This will include timely delivery of new connection offers via the Electricity System Operator, ongoing dialogue during project development and delivery and communications on service once customers are connected to the network.
- You will also be accountable for delivery of excellent results from the Quality of Connections Survey which measures customer satisfaction throughout the customer journey, from initial project scoping and network connections through to maintenance and eventual replanting or decommissioning. This will include supporting analysis of survey results and reporting to all business teams involved in that customer journey.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, the following experience is essential:
- Substantial experience in Contract Management, preferably at a senior/managerial level and similar commercial roles in a large Energy business and a sound business knowledge of electricity transmission or similar market sector
- Awareness of key stakeholders and customers for Transmission and experience of successfully operating in a customer-driven environment to understand and meet customer/ stakeholder needs
- Understanding of key business metrics and how to use these to drive a culture based on performance and continuous improvement combined with significant experience of budget management
- Specialist knowledge of the customer connections process, incentives and outputs
- Experience of leading and/or implementing change management programmes which impact on people/process/systems
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org / 01738 342939.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional analytics cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?