We're proud to have been a Principal Partner for COP26, the UN Climate Change Conference, and are leading the way to provide the energy needed now, while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
To reach net zero by 2050, we're looking for people who can bring big ideas, new skills and innovative thinking to help us build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
So join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Dublin
Salary: €60,000 to €67,000 + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Commercial Financial Accountant to join our SSE Airtricity team, based in Dublin. The key element of this role will be providing comprehensive financial analysis, general accounting, period closing activities and maintaining control over the results for the Windfarm business, and overall cot of power. In addition you'll be responsible for the statutory accounts and statutory audit of the Airtricity group of companies.
In this role, you'll also take responsibility for:-
- Review and control of P&L and balance sheet reconciliations, using judgement to highlight and investigate key and unexpected variances.
- Providing a broad range of detailed and insightful business analysis on energy costs, using financial and non-financial information in order to facilitate commercial decisions and identify potential improvement opportunities.
- Produce management reports (e.g. Flash reports, monthly financial reports and analysis, KPIs, etc), providing commentary at the appropriate level, as required.
- Assist in driving the periodic forecasts and annual budget process to optimise financial performance for review with the FP&A and Reporting Manager.
- Operate collaboratively as a key member of the team, taking on additional activities and responsibilities as required.
What do I need?
This is a role requiring a fully qualified accountant, who has relevant post-qualified experience in an operational finance role, and excellent knowledge of general accounting procedures.
In addition, we'd love you to have:-
- Excellent knowledge of current regulations including IFRS / new UK GAAP, Companies Acts, etc.
- Good working knowledge of core financial systems, in depth knowledge of ERP software (or equivalent) and proficiency in all MS Office tools, particularly Excel.
- Self starter, with the ability to work on your own initiative, as well as collaboratively as part of a team, ideally within a matrix-style organisation.
- Excellent customer orientation and relationship management skills, with the ability build relationships across all levels of the organisation and externally.
About our Business
Our SSE Finance function has a key part to play in fulfilling SSE's obligations as a UK-listed company, providing expertise and services that can be shared across the SSE Group, and working in partnership with all businesses to provide services tailored to their specific needs. SSE operates in a highly regulated and increasingly competitive environment, and our role is to ensure that we gather, compile, analyse and recommend on the financial strategy for our businesses, identifying opportunities to drive efficiencies and create value for SSE now, and in the future.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Jenna.Jackson@sse.com / 01738 341390.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?