Base Location: New Forest
Salary: £22,178 - £29,290 + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: 12 month fixed term contract | Full Time
What is the Role?
1. Reporting directly into the Scheduling Manager you will work as part of a wider team of Schedulers responsible for optimising the work plan for our operational teams.
2. This will involve scheduling work to ensure that priorities are dealt with, and work is delivered to meet programme and customer requirements.
3. You will ensure that all periods of annual leave and training are programmed in advance and will help to identify any areas where we are under resourced. You will also support the operational delivery teams by collating and processing all required paperwork and submitting to various parties once full validation checks have been undertaken, as well as assisting with internal and external customer enquiries via email and on the telephone; acting as a point of contact for local Authorities, and processing notifications accordingly.
4. Due to the nature of business operations you will be required to respond to emergency events including severe weather as and when required, supporting team members in their ability to respond as is appropriate for their role.
5. As part of an efficient team, excellent communication and organisational skills are key, and you’ll attend daily huddles to feedback progress and improvement opportunities, raising concerns and seeking validation for any queries.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
1. Demonstrable experience working within a team that delivers results in challenging environments and you will have a continuous improvement mindset. Previous experience working in a customer focused scheduling environment would also be hugely beneficial.
2. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and will be comfortable dealing with stakeholders at all levels in a professional end efficient manner.
3. Previous experience dealing with staff, resources and budgets, you’ll be self-disciplined with excellent organisational skills and will be capable of working to deadlines in a high-pressure environment.
4. Strong attention to detail is crucial and advanced IT skills essential.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we’re ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life’s changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
Life at SSE
If you’re considering a career with us, you’re probably wondering what’s in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we’re proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we’re proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra ‘if it’s not safe, we don’t do it’.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact email@example.com / 01738 340 128
EXTERNAL: Before commencing employment with SSE, you’ll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
INTERNAL: As a courtesy, please let your current line manager know you are applying.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?