About the Role
Base Location: New Forest Depot
Salary: £24,479 - £29,879 depending on skills and experience + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Fixed Term Contract - 12 months | Full Time | Flexible First options available
Our aim is to create a more efficient and sustained workforce that is resourced effectively, with our customers at the forefront of our mindset, and as part of our approach, we aim to achieve a 90% utilisation target, or above, within our works schedule.
As a Scheduler, you will report directly into the Scheduling Manager and will work as part of a wider team of Schedulers responsible for optimising the work plan for our operational teams.
Other roles & responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Scheduling work to ensure that priorities are dealt with, and work is delivered to meet programme and customer requirements.
- Ensure that all periods of annual leave and training are programmed in advance and will help to identify any areas where we are under resourced.
- Support the operational delivery teams by collating and processing all required paperwork and submitting to various parties once full validation checks have been undertaken, as well as assisting with internal and external customer enquiries via email and on the telephone; acting as a point of contact for local Authorities, and processing notifications accordingly.
- Due to the nature of business operations you will be required to respond to emergency events including severe weather as and when required, supporting team members in their ability to respond as is appropriate for their role.
- Attend daily huddles to feedback progress and improvement opportunities, raising concerns and seeking validation for any queries.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Demonstrable experience working within a team that delivers results in challenging environments and you will have a continuous improvement mindset.
- Previous experience working in a customer focused scheduling environment would also be hugely beneficial.
- You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills and will be comfortable dealing with stakeholders at all levels in a professional end efficient manner.
- Previous experience dealing with staff, resources and budgets.
- Strong attention to detail is crucial and advanced IT skills essential.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Kim on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01738 344051.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.