Base Location: Perth, Aberdeen, Glasgow or Inverness
Salary: £36,000 - £48,000 depending on skills and experience
Working Pattern: 12-months fixed term | Full Time | Flexible working options available
What is the Role?
SSEN Transmission currently has an opportunity for an experienced Risk & Strategy Specialist to join our team on a 12 month fixed term contract.
- You will deliver complex modelling projects in relation to investment appraisals and the wider economic impact of our investments on the transmission network and society.
- Provide the Asset Management department with the technical expertise in terms of modelling proposals to ensure investment in the network is compliant with statutory, regulatory and licence requirements. You will prepare business cases, factoring in asset condition, network risk and operational safety.
- The role will consider an assessment of asset condition and network risk and make recommendations for improvements to meet the current and future requirements. They will also advise the senior management team on the impact of investment decisions.
- Look at flexible solutions and carry out detailed technical assessment and scenario modelling, considering the merits of all options, and look at impact on compliance with industry standards.
- Interpret large volumes of complex data from various sources and present in a format to suit the target audience. Identify risks and opportunities for the business, particularly unintended consequences.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- This role requires a high level of technical competency in carrying out investment appraisals, cost benefit analysis, economic modelling and data analysis.
- Ideally you would have applied modelling experience in evaluating the economic, social and environmental impacts of investments and a degree in an economics related discipline.
- Good written and oral communication skills are essential, as are well developed people and stakeholder management skills, and a track record of delivery against challenging deadlines.
- As an influential person, you will have skills of persuasion and be capable of building and maintaining a network of contacts across the business and have experience in stakeholder management.
- An understanding of statutory, regulatory and licence requirements, industry wide codes, network and engineering standards would be beneficial. Alongside this, the commercial awareness of how the electricity industry is regulated and the impact on business decisions.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact email@example.com or 0141 224 7197.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional analytics cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?