SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Our SSE IT team is supporting this growth by embedding agility into our ways of working, building capability for a digital SSE of the future which meets the needs of our customers in a new way and, building a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
About the Role
Base Location: Perth, Glasgow, Aberdeen, Reading, Havant
Salary: c£38,000 + up to 10% performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: c8 month Fixed Term Contract | Full Time (preferred) or Part Time | Flexible First options available
Due to our continued growth, we are looking for a experienced recruiter to join our team and help us deliver a variety of roles across our Renewables business both in the UK and internationally. We operate as true Resourcing partners, therefore you'll need to use your credibility and experience to develop close relationships with key stakeholders ensuring they are engaged and involved in their recruitment activity, end-to-end.
In this role, you'll be accountable for:-
- Delivering a fair, transparent and inclusive recruitment service to a range of Hiring Managers across SSE Renewables, maintaining a high level of satisfaction, operating with credibility and offering advice and challenge as required.
- Managing the full end-to-end recruitment process: taking briefings from hiring managers; developing inclusive and engaging job adverts; identifying cost effective routes to market; supporting assessment activity and managing the offer process.
- Utilising a wide range of sourcing tools from job boards and social media to LinkedIn, continually looking at the most relevant and cost effective options. Where appropriate you will also engage with our recruitment PSL.
- Screening, long-listing and assessing candidates, ensuring they receive a high level of service and, regardless of the outcome of their application, feel they have been treated fairly and well through their recruitment experience.
- Focusing on continuous improvement. Looking for ways to improve our processes, services, systems and technology to drive a better recruitment experience for all.
What do I need?
We have a great team and are looking to add to it with a positive team player, who is proactive and delivery focussed. As the contract duration is currently 8 months, we're ideally looking for a candidate who can start ASAP.
To be considered for this role we'd love you to have:-
- Previous recruitment experience is essential, preferably in-house or with a RPO. Related to this will be your knowledge of a variety of recruitment tools, techniques and technologies e.g. social media, LinkedIn, etc.
- Experience recruiting for Renewables, Energy, Engineering, etc roles plus an understanding of the challenges recruiting in this market and ideally a broad network in this area.
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to influence / challenge when appropriate. Essential to this will be your ability to flex your style according to the level / type of role being recruited for.
- A sense of pride in your work and the level of service you provide, as well as a willingness to support and help your team / the wider SSE business with recruitment-related projects and improvements, as required.
- A true business partnering approach, coupled with a focus on continuous improvement, inclusion and diversity and proven ability to bring about positive change.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Jenna.Jackson@sse.com / 01738 341390.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.