Base Location: Reading | Perth
Salary: Up to £38,000 + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing
Working Pattern: 12 Months, Fixed Term | Full Time | Flexible Working options available
About the Department
SSE Human Resources is made up of several operational and specialist teams who strive to help the business to design, develop and deliver their people strategies. We partner with the business to provide expert advice on all people matters, enabling them to get the best out of their teams and equip them to meet the changing demands of our business now, and in the future.
The Resourcing Team manages SSE's recruitment in the UK and Ireland which includes everything up to Executive Committee level and covers specialist roles, volume campaigns and our early careers programmes. We work collaboratively with the business to help fulfil their recruitment requirements with the best talent in the timeliest and most cost effective way, whilst at the same time ensuring a first-class candidate experience.
What is the Role?
Due to substantial growth we have an opportunity for a Resourcing Consultant to join our team to support our Business Energy GB business.
This role will include:
- Take accountability for delivery of the full end-to-end recruitment and offer process
- Be responsible for recruiting all roles across all levels
- Take pride in delivering a first-class candidate and stakeholder experience through all aspects of the process, building strong relationships both internally and externally whilst putting safety, fairness and inclusion at the heart of all you do
- Source, screen, long-list and assess candidates via the most appropriate sourcing channels such as LinkedIn Recruiter and Insights, job boards, social media, informal networks and working alongside recruitment agencies, where appropriate.
We operate as true resourcing partners, therefore you'll need to use your credibility and experience to develop close relationships with key stakeholders ensuring they are engaged and involved in their recruitment activity, end-to-end.
What do I need?
We have a great team and are looking to add to it with positive team players, who set high personal standards whilst working collaboratively and flexibly.
- Previous recruitment experience, a background within in-house or RPO would be preferred.
- Experience using sourcing tools such as LinkedIn, job boards, social media
- The ability to manage a demanding workload, prioritise effectively and adapt to the needs of our business. You'll need to work flexibly and will have a proactive approach to continuous improvement
- Strong communication, stakeholder management and influencing skills, as well as the ability to flex your style according to the level/role type being recruited for.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org / 01738 342754.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional analytics cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?