About the Role
Base Location: Flexible, however our preference is that you will be based in one of our key UK sites, which includes but is not limited to:- Glasgow, Perth, Reading, Havant or London
Salary: £39,400 to £59,000 + car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
We are looking for a Site Origination Developer to join our SSE Renewables Team with the key focus specifically on identifying opportunities for the early-stage development of new onshore renewable energy projects. This will involve desk-based feasibility assessments and constraints mapping, engaging with landowners and their representatives, and preparing business opportunity reports. It will also be important to analyse progress of competitors early-stage developments and of existing and forthcoming planning and energy policies. Building excellent relationships with key internal and external stakeholders including statutory consultees and working closely with other disciplines within the team will be key. The breadth of this role is such that it could suit someone looking to fulfil a range of criteria to work towards a professional qualification in planning, surveying, or environmental disciplines.
- Support the identification of opportunities for the early-stage development of onshore renewable energy projects in UK by undertaking GIS map-based constraints analysis and ensuring potential sites meet basic requirements of relevant planning and environmental policies and SSER's own consent strategies.
- Support the delivery of new development opportunities into the project pipeline and effectively manage / implement processes to track and report progress against this objective.
- Liaise with internal site origination team and other project disciplines to ensure opportunities are fully evaluated. Identify and offer potential mitigation for potential project risks and support the preparation of business opportunity reports for senior manager approval.
- Compile detailed land referencing to identify landownership details for potential sites and make initial approaches to agree standard exclusivity agreements with landowners that allow SSER to take forward renewables development on their land.
What do I need?
Ideally, you will have worked in renewables or a similar electricity utility industry and have experience in the various stages of project development. You will understand how existing land use, environmental constraints and planning policy will influence the site selection process. A good understanding of the fundamental engineering principles and requirements for different types of renewable projects would be advantageous.
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with ability to be a strong team player and form relationships built on trust.
- Excellent GIS and mapping skills and ability to interpret and analyse large amounts of data relating to desk-based studies.
- Commercial awareness, with outstanding problem-solving and strong negotiation skills.
- An excellent understanding of various types of environmental constraints and legislation that must be considered in developing renewable energy projects.
- A good understanding of the challenges that may be faced in obtaining planning consent for and constructing, renewable energy projects.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Pamela on email@example.com or 01738 342002.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.