Base Location: Glasgow or Flexible UK
Salary: £32,900 - £49,300 + car / allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full time | Flexible working options available
What is the Role?
As Completions Engineer, you will ensure the Mechanical Completions process is being adhered to by on-site contractors & construction teams verifying all the plant and equipment from construction through to the commissioning stage including completing walkdowns and commissioning support.
The site Completions team ensure that all plant is correctly tagged to the project numbering system and that correct checklists are allocated to each tag. Once Commissioning is complete then all records and documents will be updated to seek handover to the project operations team.
The role will report into the Completions and Handover Manager but also work closely with Package Managers across the project to establish best practice.
You will play a key role in the project by implementing relevant policies, procedures and initiatives.
Some of your main accountabilities will include;
- Ensuring wind farm plant is correctly tagged as per project numbering system and each item is scoped with correct and relevant check records.
- Ensuring the plant is broken down into suitable systems for commissioning packages, and that MC packages are created on a sub system level, by discipline where possible.
- Building of complete handover packs containing all MC and Commissioning records, As-Builts, Punch Lists and other necessary information to be handed to the O&M team.
- Ensuring Mechanical Completion Check Records within MC packages are completed, signed and verified to allow a managed and certified transfer to the commissioning team.
- Updating of status from contractor is achieved through Mechanical Completion Check Records, the Project Completion Management System tool (ProCoSys) and the general quality in Mechanical Completion deliverables.
- Attending MC Inspections, MC Tri-party walkdowns to ensure scopes of work have been completed, punch / snag items are accounted for and categorised appropriately and As-Builts have been stamped and signed off by construction team.
- Ensuring commissioning / site acceptance testing and inspection walkdowns are completed to plan and communicate accuracy and completeness of record keeping back to the project management team.
- Contributing towards project policy to establish a consistent and compliant HSE culture with our primary SHE goal of 'If it's not safe - we don't do it'
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- At least HNC level, or equivalent, in an engineering discipline, preferably electrical or mechanical.
- A background encompassing exposure to high voltage safe systems of work (SSOW) and/or high voltage safety rules would be advantageous, however training and authorisation can be provided.
- Experience working within an operational engineering capacity of mechanical completions, offshore wind construction or commissioning is necessary.
- Ability to become an expert on selected IT platforms, therefore you must have a good level of IT literacy and be familiar with the core MS Office applications and Project Completion Management Systems (CMS / PCS).
- Experience of working to demanding deadlines in a pressured environment with competing priorities.
Regular travel to sites and SSE locations will be as required so a full and current driving license or access to reliable transport will be required.
About our Business
SSE Renewables is a leading developer and operator of renewable energy, with growth ambitions to treble our renewable energy output by 2030. We drive new growth by identifying, developing, building and operating high quality assets across the UK, Ireland and internationally. As our ambitions and projects grow, so do our teams, meaning we can offer a great selection of opportunities, training and development to support your career.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org / 01738 275847.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?