Base Location: Wick, Montrose or Lowestoft
Salary: £33,500 to £50,300 + performance related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
About the Role
As Offshore Wind Turbine Safety Engineer you will provide embedded focused safety and engineering support to the Offshore operations team, by ensuring Safe Systems of Work (SSoW) are underpinned by and in accordance with the Wind Turbine Safety Rules (WTSR).
The role includes the provision of engineering and maintenance support for SSE Operations both onshore and offshore. A key part of this role is in representing the Offshore section of SSE Renewables as a safety lead within the wider business, as will be their eventual accreditation and confirmation as an Authorising Engineer (AE) and potentially Authorising Officer (AO) under the WTSRs.
You will be involved in ensuring the safety and quality of works through quality and safety audits onshore and offshore, and in the processes required for the creation and issue of Approved Written Procedures (AWP) and the appointment of personnel, vital to safety focused work scheduling and organisational control.
Main accountabilities may include:
- Implementing the SSOW (WTSR) in offshore operations.
- Creating and auditing AWPs and associated documentation.
- Conducting Quality and safety audits Offshore.
- Delivering the WTSR core course to SSER staff and contractors.
- Monitoring of and reporting on contractor work scopes.
What do I need?
- We're looking for you to have relevant engineering and safety qualifications, or significant previous experience within an offshore or renewables generation industry.
- You'll need knowledge and practical experience of working within a controlled safety environment, and an understanding of the management and oversight of well-established SSoW, WTSRs or equivalent; therefore, a background encompassing elements of safety management, as well as well-developed analytical and engineering skills will be necessary.
- You will have the opportunity to develop your understanding of offshore wind safety, operations and maintenance works, ultimately managing, reviewing and auditing safety led systems required by offshore working parties whilst acting as an SSE safety representative ensuring that key organisational objectives are met.
- The role will initially cover 3 operational bases at Wick, Montrose and Lowestoft and will require some travelling, therefore you must have a full, current driving licence and reside, or be willing to locate, within 60 mins travelling time of one of the above base locations.
About our Business
SSE Renewables is a leading developer and operator of renewable energy, with growth ambitions to treble our renewable energy output by 2030. We drive new growth by identifying, developing, building and operating high quality assets across the UK, Ireland and internationally. As our ambitions and projects grow, so do our teams, meaning we can offer a great selection of opportunities, training and development to support your career.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Andy on email@example.com / 01738 275847.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.