About the Role
Base Location: Flexible Ireland | We're proud to offer a Flexible First approach to work, and this role is no exception. We will, however need your base 'home' location to be one of our SSE offices or depots around Ireland.
Salary: Up to £66,100 / €93,300 depending on skills and experience + car / allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
As Development Project Manager you will be responsible for Onshore wind farms and other Renewable Energy related projects in the SSE Ireland portfolio that are in the early phase of development, including repowering and life extension opportunities. The successful candidate will be taking overall responsibility for progressing development opportunities through pre-planning and planning phases to include all relevant matters such as Business Case compilation, planning consent, securing of lands, health and safety management, engagement with the public and local community, together with all related project management duties.
You shall be required to work collaboratively with a community of colleagues that provide specialist services to multiple projects ranging from Consent specialists, to Wind Analyst, grid management and Finance Modelling to name only a few. Supervising and optimising the performance of the Planning Consultants and Auxiliary EIA consultants in tandem with the Consent Manager will also be key to the success in the role.
Some of your other main accountabilities may include:
- Ensuring the production of high quality and meaningful Project Development Plans substantiated by a credible business case as well as a budget and a programme.
- Managing and coordinating multiple projects and teams concurrently, plan the projects' resource requirements and elaborate the grid connection strategy with the Grid Manager.
- Monitoring and reporting to Senior Management your projects progress, risks, opportunities, issues and key decisions on a monthly basis and be able to stand over all information released as well as over the projects' overall performance.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have;
- A proven track record in project management preferably in complex capital projects e.g. project definition and set up, planning, cost, programme, risk, quality, commercial management and negotiations.
- The ability to challenge all aspects of the project to drive value and efficiency in all areas.
- Experience in managing multiple projects and responding to business requirements simultaneously.
- Previous exposure to planning, land and policy related matters e.g. lease, easements, Wind Energy Guidelines, County Development Plans and Energy Market.
- Excellent analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative with the ability to manage stakeholder relationships on a variety of levels.
- The confidence to question the status quo in order to drive efficiencies in all areas of the value proposition.
- The ability to build strong relationships and trust with colleagues and external parties including JV partners.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Pamela on email@example.com or 01738 342002.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.