We're proud to have been a Principal Partner for COP26, the UN Climate Change Conference, and are leading the way to provide the energy needed now, while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
To reach net zero by 2050, we're looking for people who can bring big ideas, new skills and innovative thinking to help us build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
So join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Portsmouth
Salary: £32,851 - £43,385 + car allowance + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
What is the Role?
What is the Role?
As a Real Time Coordinator, you'll be responsible for managing the live fault management screen and ensuring the utilisation & productivity of resources for the current day with the customer at the heart of the outcome.
The main responsibilities will be:
- Making sure that all system faults and emergencies are managed effectively and efficiently by utilizing the nearest resource, whilst reporting any potential impact on the schedule to the relevant people. You will work closely with colleagues in Connections Delivery, resolving any challenges with planned works with the support of the Technical Delivery Engineers in the field.
- Working closely with the Technical Delivery Manager you'll ensure that all live work is restored as quickly as possible, including monitoring the resource levels to ensure that we have adequate resources to deal with the live screen and planning for exceptional events.
- You'll be working closely with the scheduling team to make them aware of any impacts to delaying work, or opportunities to bring work forward. This will see you working together with the Network Integrity team to look at targets and while focusing on fault costs.
- Work closely with the Technical Delivery manager to establish any resource availability and complete a lunch time check in with the Coordination Manager and the Scheduling Team.
- Constantly checking the live screen for any jobs that need urgent attention and ensure that a good hand over is provided, including completing a final live screen check to ensure all jobs are fully resourced and being managed or suspended to the following day.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Great attention to detail, be confident to challenge the way of working, seek opportunities for improvement in your working environment and solve problems encountered on the days of planned and reactive works.
- Sound business knowledge and an awareness of the key stakeholders and customers in electricity distribution or a similar market sector is essential.
- Be able to work under pressure, while managing to coordinate and deliver multiple tasks to challenging timeframes and customer expectations.
- Excellent understanding of customer service strategies, you'll have a sound understanding of productivity, utilisation and control of Work in Progress.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Natalie.Clark@sse.com / +44 (0)1738275615.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?