Base Location: Glasgow | Perth | Reading
Salary: £44,100 - £57,500 + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available.
What is the Role?
We are seeking to recruit a Property Solicitor or Legal Executive qualified in England and Wales to join our legal team based in either our Glasgow, Perth or Reading offices.
Reporting to a Legal Manager within the Distributed Energy Legal Team, you will be responsible for;
- Providing legal advice to a variety of stakeholders in respect of land rights for a variety of energy projects.
- Primarily supporting the land requirements of the EV, electricity networks and solar and battery storage projects operating in the Distributed Energy business, as well as wider support across the Distributed Energy business.
- Drafting and negotiating leases, transfers, options, easements and other documents.
- Advising the business on all land rights issues generally.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- A comprehensive understanding of the legal and commercial issues that are pertinent to the Distributed Energy business, renewable energy or utilities sector, the SSE Group and the energy market.
- Broad experience of property matters (preferably in the utilities and/or energy sector) including drafting and leading negotiations on land transactions.
- A passion to work as part of a high performing team, sharing knowledge, best practice and supporting colleagues.
- Comfortable working independently and leading their own matters.
About our Business
Our in-house SSE Legal function operates across the SSE Group to ensure business actions and behaviours are aligned to business priorities, are legally sound, and reinforce a culture of integrity, quality, responsibility and ethical behaviour. We identify and rationalise legal risk, providing advice on both regulatory and statutory obligations, all whilst helping the business to achieve their strategic goals.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Kimberlee on Kimberlee.Anderson@sse.com or +44 1738 341523.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.