SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, our SSE Renewables (SSER) business continues to be at the forefront of our growth plans, and our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come. We are proud to be playing a critical role in the net zero transition, as we aim to more than treble the net capacity in operation to 13GW and grow renewable energy output five-fold to over 50TWh over the next 10 years.
Base Location: Flexible UK | We're proud to offer a Flexible First approach to work, and this role is no exception. We will, however need your base 'home' location to be one of our SSE offices around the UK.
Salary: £Competitive depending on skills and experience + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
This is an exciting opportunity to join SSE Renewables Projects Services team as a Project Services Manager, responsible for the delivery of the proposed Berwick Bank Wind Farm and other projects in our pipeline. The Berwick Bank Wind Farm is a 4.1 GW project, making it one of the largest offshore opportunities in the world and is currently SSER's largest offshore wind development project.
You'll be responsible for the management of Project Controls, Project Planning, Risk Management, Workforce Planning, Document Control, Governance and Project Reporting to provide the Project Directors and leadership team with clear, accurate and timely information to support objective, evidence-based decision making, to enable successful Project delivery.
Some of your other main accountabilities will include:
- Leading the Planning team and P6 Programmes ensuring clear, timely and accurate information is provided to Project Management, Project Boards and Lenders to support objective, evidence-based decision making.
- Driving effective Programme Baseline Management (Schedule, risk and cost), ensuring the Baseline is captured, maintained and managed throughout the Project Lifecycle.
- Overseeing Risk and Opportunity Management, ensuring the Risk Register is managed and regular Quantitative Risk Analysis is performed in a timely and comprehensive manner.
- Reviewing the Consolidated Resource Forward Load on a monthly basis, ensuring headcount budget is managed within budget and highlighting any resource gaps and issues.
- Managing the Document Control team and all aspects of Document Control on the Project.
- Producing and consolidating Executive Management Reporting, metrics and KPIs for Project Management and key stakeholders, including the project JV Board, shareholders and lenders (e.g. JV Board Packs, Project Dashboards, Management Reporting).
What do I need?
We are looking for people who are passionate about addressing the climate change emergency and want to make a difference. By joining SSE Renewables, you will have the opportunity to contribute to projects that will help Scotland achieve our ambitious climate change targets.
We would also love you to have:
- Extensive experience leading PMO / Project Controls on Large Capital Projects and managing multi-disciplinary teams.
- Significant experience and subject matter expertise in PMO / Project Controls (e.g., Primavera P6, Project Planning, Risk Management, Governance, Change Control, etc)
- Outstanding people and stakeholder management skills..
- Proven ability in negotiating and influencing across all areas of the business, but more so at senior stakeholder level.
- The ability to bring people on board, manage change and show them what good looks like will be essential to your success in this role.
- Willingness to travel at times throughout the UK to our Office Locations and Project Sites as and when required by the project.
About our Business
SSE Renewables is a leading developer and operator of renewable energy, with growth ambitions to treble our renewable energy output by 2030. We drive new growth by identifying, developing, building and operating high quality assets across the UK, Ireland and internationally. As our ambitions and projects grow, so do our teams, meaning we can offer a great selection of opportunities, training and development to support your career.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org / 01738 275847.
EXTERNAL: Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
INTERNAL: As a courtesy, please let your current line manager know you are applying.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?