We're proud to have been a Principal Partner for COP26, the UN Climate Change Conference, and are leading the way to provide the energy needed now, while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
To reach net zero by 2050, we're looking for people who can bring big ideas, new skills and innovative thinking to help us build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
So join us on our journey to net zero. Help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible Ireland | We're proud to offer a Flexible First approach to work, and this role is no exception. We will, however need your base 'home' location to be one of our offices or depots around Ireland.
Salary: €41,600 - €62,400 + Company Van (complete with fuel card & toll tag) and a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
What is the Role?
We're looking for a Project Manager to join our National Projects team. The location of this role will be flexible, however project work will mainly be within the South West / West region of Ireland. In this role you will:
- Ensure the on time, within scope and within budget delivery of SEAI grant funded projects to our customers.
- Manage contractors who will be installing various home upgrade measures. You'll primarily manage projects in the field and report directly to senior management.
- Develop the project following the sales hand over, through to final delivery. This will include overseeing the design, implementation, sign off and close out.
- Liaise with Engineers, Managers and clients, ensuring the project is carried out to their requirements.
- Review and improve operating processes throughout the project, to ensure efficiencies are identified and maximised.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Proven experience operating as either a Project Manager or Project Coordinator.
- SEAI BEC / BEH / Deep retrofit product knowledge.
- Experience of contract commercial management and the ability to work alongside a Commercial Manager / QS to successfully manage commercial disputes to resolution.
- Experience of managing or supervising people, setting objectives and coaching.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to multitask, think laterally and creatively to develop innovative solutions to challenges and identify opportunities for improvement and advantage.
About our Business
SSE Airtricity is Ireland's second largest and fastest growing energy provider, supplying around 800,000 domestic and commercial gas, electricity and home energy services customers in the Republic and Northern Ireland. At SSE Airtricity we believe in making energy better. Around 40% of the electricity SSE Airtricity supplies to its customers on an island basis is generated from renewable sources - the greenest energy supply of any provider on the island and over three times the average on an all-island basis.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Andy on email@example.com or 01738 340826.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?