About the Role
Base Location: Glasgow, Aberdeen, Inverness, Perth
Salary: £46,100 - £69,100 + car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to assist the Lead Project Manager in delivering the Skye Reinforcement Project. This project is key to our Transmission business achieving a Network for Net-zero.
The key duties & responsibilities of the Project Manager will be:
- Accountability for the safety, health, welfare and environmental aspects of your projects, including compliance with CDM regulations and engagement with regulators, third parties and statutory stakeholders.
- Responsibility for Project Governance, ensuring the use of recognised project management processes, techniques and tools, and the application of our Large Capital Projects Governance Framework Manual.
- Oversee commercial and financial aspects including contract negotiations, contract awards, contract management, financial forecasting and value of work done reporting.
- The safe delivery of your projects to programme, cost and quality to achieve the goals of the Business and expectations of our customers.
- Ensuring projects are developed to an appropriate quality standard as set out in the Project Quality Plan, whilst identifying opportunities for business improvements.
- Working closely with key stakeholders for the project including landowners, statutory bodies, developers, National Grid, and supply chain partners, the role will be expected, wherever possible, to build relationships that benefit the delivery of your project and future projects.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have
-Experience in the electricity Transmission industry, or on large capital projects in the construction and utilities sectors.
-A strong engineering and construction knowledge including the relevant safety and CDM regulations.
-An understanding of developing and managing integrated project programmes and ideally have experience in the delivery of large capital projects.
-Strong understanding of industry, health and safety, and environmental legislation.
-An understanding of the tendering and contract procurement process.
-Experience developing and managing engineering and/or construction contracts; NEC3 experience is preferred.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Debbie.email@example.com / 01738 342939.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?