Base Location: Southeast
Salary: £46,319 - £61,175 + car/car allowance + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available
What is the Role?
Due to continued growth, we are looking for experienced Project Managers to join our Major Projects Delivery team based in Reading.
1. responsible for managing a range of projects in accordance with our investment management process.
2. responsible for all aspects of the project including safety, quality, cost and programme.
3. part of a project management team working closely with design engineers, field staff, contractors, customers, and key stakeholders.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
1. Previous experience of managing construction projects involving underground cables, overhead lines and substation works up to 132kV
2. An Engineering qualification is preferred and a recognised qualification in construction safety and project management would be advantageous.
3. Experience in contract management and ideally have experience of NEC construction contracts.
4. You will be experienced in the Construction Design and Management Regulations and understand the duties of Client, Principal Designer and Principal Contractor.
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are vital and you will need to be comfortable engaging with stakeholders at all levels, both internal and external. You will also need to possess good problem solving skills and have the ability to thrive under pressure.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we’re ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life’s changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
Life at SSE
If you’re considering a career with us, you’re probably wondering what’s in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we’re proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we’re proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra ‘if it’s not safe, we don’t do it’.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org / 0141 224 7672
EXTERNAL: Before commencing employment with SSE, you’ll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
INTERNAL: As a courtesy, please let your current line manager know you are applying.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?