About the Role
Base Location: Inverness, Aberdeen, Glasgow or Perth
Salary: Up to £77,400 + car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
Due to a period of growth, SSEN Transmission has an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager within our Base Capex & Customer Connections department. This role will lead teams in the development, refinement and execution of new projects across our operational area.
Initially, the role will be involved with projects in Caithness and Inverness and will involve a mixture of working from home and at our offices in Inverness.
The key duties & responsibilities will be:
- Ensuring the project refinement phase is delivered to budget and programme, in accordance with SSE's governance procedures, and have a leading role in the NEC 3 Option A tender process to appoint construction contractors and suppliers.
- The leadership of project teams involving both staff and external contractors, ensure project excellence is achieved through a competent, motivated and improvement focused team.
- Ensure the safe delivery to programme, cost and the necessary quality, using robust systems to support the project process. Take responsibility for the project(s) following a handover from the Transmission Development Team either at Gate 0 or Gate 2 or the LCP process for Connection Projects.
- Management of key project programme deliverables, external and internal stakeholders and interfacing / coordinating with internal SSET departments including design and engineering, planning, environmental, consents and commercial teams on a daily basis.
- Apply and adhere to the Safety Management Systems, CDM regulations, best practices and the SSE Large Capital Projects Governance processes for all projects.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Experience within the UK Transmission & Distribution sector and an understanding of the regulated environment that SSE Transmission operates in. Previous experience of the design process and construction of substations, OHL and underground cabling up to 400kV.
- Experience in the construction or the utility sector on major projects with engineering knowledge including the safety and CDM regulations. Working knowledge of construction contracts and procedures using NEC.
- Leadership experience with a broad understanding of project management methodology and practice. Demonstrable experience delivering large capital projects and understand the tendering process for the purchasing and engagement of suppliers including multi-disciplinary contracts.
- Have a sound understanding of current environmental legislation and Planning processes (Town and Country Planning and Section 37 Consent).
- Undergone training with regards working within substations and close to live electrical equipment (Operational Safety Rules, OSR). Hold a current UK driving License.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net-zero.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Stephanie at firstname.lastname@example.org / 01738 342963 .
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal record and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.