About the Role
Base Location: Perth, Dundee, Angus
Salary: £36,260 - £58,549 + cash allowance + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time, 37 hours | Flexible First options available
Our SSEN Distribution Commercial and Connections teams are the first point of contact for customers wishing to have a new electricity connection, increase the size of their existing connection, install generation, or move the equipment supplying their property. We're here to help whether our customers are building a single home, housing development, industrial development, generation development or independent distribution network. Our responsibility is to respond to challenging changes in our licence obligations, growing levels of competition and play a key role in progression to a low carbon future.
- Responsible for managing the engineering side of projects to ensure we are building a robust and fit for purpose network to meet the company and government strive to net zero.
- Using your leadership, organisational, diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
- Engaging with delivery Project Managers to ensure all stakeholders in the connections process have a clear understanding of their requirements from an engineering side of the delivery process.
- Assists region to ensure planning, design and compliance standards are being met on a range of complex projects with suitable timescales implemented to achieve connection dates provided to customers on the path to our net zero commitments.
- Drives end-to-end complex network connections and CAPEX network investment projects from initial design, through to delivery and post investment review on completion of works taking and sharing learnings from these projects with the wider delivery teams involved.
- Seeks to provide a value for money approach to each project on a project-by-project basis to provide the best outcome for customers and the region to build a sustainable and resilient network.
- Leads other less experienced engineers through all aspects of the project lifespan and encourage these engineers to take the lead and deliver the works for future projects.
What do I need?
- To ensure you get the most from your role you'll have a sound working knowledge of the electrical distribution industry. Experience and knowledge of operating the LV, 11kV and 33kV network is essential, ideally you will have full SAP authorisations.
- You'll be confident managing multiple outputs within the team and indirect reports; furthermore, you'll have previous experience of both people and customer management with a proven track record for delivering work safely, on time and within budget.
- Whilst the above skills and experience are important, we also have several personal competencies that we look for in our employees, you'll have a regard for safety and embed yourself in our safety culture, adhering to guidelines in everything you do as a key priority.
- Outstanding customer relationship skills and a commitment to providing a high-level service is essential coupled with an ability to liaise comfortably with key stakeholders at all levels, both internal and external.
- Hold full SAP NOP4 SFT authorisations within SSE or similar DNO.
For this role you must have a full, current driving license.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Fiona.Smith@sse.com / 01738 340954.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.