About the Role
Base Location: Flexible UK | We're proud to offer a Flexible First approach to work, and this role is no exception. We will, however need your base 'home' location to be one of our SSE offices or depots around the UK.
Salary: Competitive Salary + car / allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available.
As a Project Development Engineer, you'll work in the Electric Vehicle Sector of the SSE Energy Solutions Business. A growing and challenging area of the business, working with, managing and coordinating multi-disciplinary engineering designs to support our ambitious plan to design, build, own and operate over 300+ rapid charging electric vehicle charging hubs in the UK and ROI by 2030. This will include the evaluation of opportunities, assessment and management of risk, development of conceptual and front-end engineering designs, and progression of detailed designs for a wide variety of electric vehicle infrastructure projects.
Your main responsibilities within this role will be:
- Coordination of pre-construction surveys, stakeholder engagement and agreement of project scope, producing pretender documentation including programmes, and ensuring compliance with the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015;
- Using your electrical engineering experience, you will be responsible for developing concepts through to detailed designs for electric vehicle infrastructure from a HV/MV point of connection, substation design to final circuits, where knowledge and experience of either or; 11KV / MV substation design; regulated or unregulated networks; and BS7671 wiring regulations is crucial;
- Using your design coordination and management skills you will manage internal and external design disciplines where necessary to compliment the whole design package for electric vehicle charging infrastructure;
- To embed innovation into the solutions you develop, such that you successfully optimise scope, cost, programme and risk for your projects, considering health, safety, and the environment throughout;
- To grow as a professional individual while you help grow the business, and you will be supported in your personal development throughout.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have;
- You will be educated to a minimum of HNC level with relevant experience, ideally in Electrical Engineering;
- You will have experience in the development and design of electrical installations to BS7671; LV, MV and HV power networks. Ideally, experienced with Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure.
- You will have experience in coordinating or supporting the management of external consultants or designers in multi-discipline projects.
- You will have a broad understanding of all areas of the energy industry; in particular distributed energy technology, smart energy systems and transmission and distribution networks.
- You will be a highly motivated and self-starting individual, with very effective written and spoken communication skills, confident in making presentations to others including senior stakeholders.
- You will have a flexible approach that lends itself to collaborating with colleagues and customers at a high level.
About our Business
SSE Enterprise Utilities is the Distributed Energy (DE) and Private Networks business of SSE plc. We finance, own, operate and maintain energy infrastructure for commercial, industrial and residential customers - providing them with a market leading project development service and certainty of operational performance and asset management.
What’s in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for ‘Inclusion & Diversity at SSE’ to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Natalie on Natalie.Clark@sse.com or 01738 275615.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.